• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twistedskull

I am experiencing a weird problem, it's been happening I *think* since I started to oc. My computer turns on, but the monitor, keyboard, mouse etc take about 15 seconds to actually turn on. I have an AMD athlon 1600+, OCING at 2.08ghz, on a soyo dragon 400, which 1024 ddr ram, 512 is Kingston. It shouldn't take nearly this long, whats going on?

So, what you are saying is that it takes 15 seconds before you get anything on the screen?

If that is the case, then here is a suggestion, non CPU wise, that you can try. Video cards display information about themselves, from their bioses, before your motherboard has control. So, try another video card for the heck of it and see if you still got problems...

it could work, you never know...

Did your system have this problem before you overclocked? Also, if you go back to stock settings for a while, does your symptoms disappear...

also....

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!
enjoy! come back again soon! :D

Last edited:
Back