• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Smart Case Fan II Sensor Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

z3r0

I have the Thermaltake Smart Case Fan II and I have the thermal sensor so it tells it what speed to run at depending on what temp. the CPU is running at. Where does the sensor go at? On top of the core of CPU and the heatsink over it? Or where at?

NO!!!! do NOT put it on top of the core, the heatsink should be squarely touching your cpu core. put the sensor on the bottom of the cpu in the center with the wires running through the pins (trust me it will be fine). just insert it carefully into socket. another alternative is putting it right next to the core touching it, however this could also impede the heat conductivity b/t core and heatsink, so underneath is recommended. DON'T put it on your core between core and heatsink, it will fry sensor and prob your chip too :(

Rofl. Ya man the only thing that goes between a core and the heatsink is some thermal grease (arctic silver recommended). I used to put my sensor diod next to the core and it worked fine. BUT I had a funny sensor wire and the wire got a lot bigger about 1 inch away from the sensor. It held my heatsink up and almost fryed the core (thank God for auto shutoff)

Were ever you put it just make sure your heatsink is firmly touching the die.

I second bk94si,s motion.Thats the plain truth.The thermal senser is on the late show.The manual control is the prefered method.THE FANMAN:cool:

Back