• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500+ Barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nullvalue

Registered
I was just wondering if ALL 2500+'s have the barton core. Since those are the only kind I can find I assumed so but I just wanna make sure.

Are the 2500+'s "unlocked" by default or so I have to unlock it.
Sorry for all the dumb newb questions but when it comes to oc'ing ima newb.

Up to approximately week 0339, the Bartons are multiplier unlocked, but only certain motherboards can take advantage of that. There's an indeterminate zone from week 0339 through about 0341 or so and then, beyond that week they are almost certainly multiplier locked. For a list clarifying certain date codes in the indeterminate window, look at the first post in this thread.

Hoot

Thnx for the info, also the mb I was going to buy was a abit nf7-s. Is that board able to "take advantage" of the 2500's that are unlocked if indeed I can get one. And if I can't get a unlocked, does it still oc fairly well? Again sry for the mass of questions.
^^;;

The NF7-S is one of the best boards for the AMD architecture
EDIT: make sure you get a V2.0 board

Last edited:
Back