• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory timings question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kev380

i want to know if memory timings matters as much in a P4 system as in an AMD system. i've read some articles stating lax timings also works well in a P4 system in terms of system performance. but i am not sure since people talk about timings all the time no matter what system they own. i am in a dilemna of deciding whether i should set loose timings or higher frequency. thanks a lot.

i've been doing extensive testing on the effects of memory timings on the performance of the p4 platform. i'll post the results tomorrow.

zabomb4163 said:
i've been doing extensive testing on the effects of memory timings on the performance of the p4 platform. i'll post the results tomorrow.

lemme know when you do, since i too am interested in how much performance is inluenced by timings...

Back