• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Capabilites Athlon1200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaWiper

Image Compare Man
What are the oc capabilities of a Athlon1200(axia 0113dpcw)?
I just got one with a Soltek 75-kav mobo.

well right now I am running a 1.33 at 1.49. If I push it into the 1.5s it locks up. but this is with standard voltages, the only tweakig I have done was to use CPUFSB t change the FSB a bit.

Mike

Hey, please read the sticky at the top of this forum. This thread really should go in AMD cpu's becuase it is about an AMD CPU. Just a reminder for next time ;) It's just kinda sad that the mods have to move so many threads in this section every day. Sorry if I sounded kinda *****.

Anyways, the tbirds aren't anything really special. You could probably get a few hundred MHz out of it but probably thats about all.

EDIT: Well, perhaps not. If he got his from 1.3 to 1.5 on stock voltage, thats not too bad. It sucks compared to a 50 dollar 1800 that will do 2.5GHz, but it's not bad I dont think. I got maybe 120MHz out of my 2100 Palomino with a .1 Vcore increase (1.85V)

You really need water cooling to push original Athlons past 1400. Ive got an AXIA 1Ghz that will go to 1400 on air but its hotter'n hell at that speed....

Anyways, the tbirds aren't anything really special. You could probably get a few hundred MHz out of it but probably thats about all. [/B]

OMG dude thats like saying 67 Corvettes are nothing special because there old ;)

Dragonprince said:

OMG dude thats like saying 67 Corvettes are nothing special because there old ;)

OMG dude thats actually becuase they are based off of a .18 or .23 micron gate length that makes it it pretty hard to get past 1500Mhz ;)

I get what you are saying though, which is true, it is old, but all I was saying was that it cant compete with the newer stuff. For ex. a 1700 DLT3C 0310 or a 2004 corvette zo6 ;)

EDIT: you yourself said its "hot as hell" at 1400 MHz.

CHeers!
-@0C

small differance between a tbird and a 67vette. One is a ford and the other is a chevy....

seriously there isnt anything special about them. people can do more with a good Duron or the athlon XP's are just about 20 bucks more. so in that regards they arent anything special.

as to me getting 1.5, today it seems be having issues REAL BAD!! so I have dropped it down to 1.45. Hopefuly this helps.

oh dont worry, its not anything bad, we all do it every now and then, i just point it out whenever it happens so its less likely to happen again, and perhaps will remind others as well ;)

Ok!
All in all I cant expect about 100-200 MHZ if I OC? I'm using aircooling... I'm currently running 100fsb*12. Would there be much gain in upping the fsb to 133 as my mem timings would go down(3cas)?

Well, if your ram can handle 133. You may have to relax the timings and increase the vdimm a little but I bet it would work. I got my 133mhz DDR to 175. But there is the possibility that raising it to 133 could be too much on the CPU. But you never know. Although, 133*12 is 1.6Ghz. For some reason I dont think it will be stable at that speed unless you have watercooling and raise the Vcore to an extremely high level. :-/

DDR? The Soltek 75kav is made for sdram... I have onle single pc133 stick in it(128mb), can't remember what brand...

Back