• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KIUHB, anyone have one? Know o/c results?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

I found a local shop today that had a couple 1800+ KIUHB chips in stock and was wondering how good they are. Are they unlocked, o/c good, same as all the others? The crazy ******* wants $98.00 for one so they need to be good or they just aren't worth it. Any input?

I had two 1800+ KIUHB's, and I RMA'd them back to newegg and bought 2400+'s. They would not OC reliably much above 2150mhz. Of course, individual results may vary.

The week, and Voltage stock is much, much more important than the stepping.

If they are DLT3C (1.5V) processors, of a recent week, (younger than week 38), then they will almost definetely overclock *quite* well - being the most recent unlocked Thoroughbred "B" DLT3C processors.

Newer is almost always better within each "type" of processor - DLT3C T-Bred "B"'s being a type, DUT3C T-Bred "B's being a type, Locked Barton's being a type, Unlocked Barton's being a type, etc. Within each "type" of processor stepping is more-or less irrelevant, week of production being the main, and only proven, indicator of how well the chip will scale. A JIUHB DLT3C T-Bred "B" and a JIXIB DLT3C T-Bred "B" of the same week should both overclock about the same.

If they are DUT3C (1.6V) Processors, of the locked week (38), or even unlocked (<38) then they are pretty lame overclocking chips - the DUT3Cs all cap at around 2100 MHz, with a lot of Vcore, as Arkaine found with his DUT3C KIUHBs.

What are the full steppings on the processors? Could be a great find! :) (although 98 dollars seems like a rip off to me)

Then I must have gotten lucky, my DUT3C 1700 can almost do 2.44 or something like that.

Back