• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan controllers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Como

I'm looking for a good fan controller. Personally, i'd like to put all of my case intake/exaust fans on a sensor so that they are quiet unless the heat in the cse is too high. I've only seen one such device, (thanks FANMAN), but it has lights. i'm buildign a computer with no lights, at all. does anyone know where one could be found/how one could be made?
i'd also like it if i could set it for temp/speed.

i'm also interested in maybe a 5.25 or a 3.25 mounted controller, maybe a few temps on an LCD (case temp/cpu temp/room temp), if i can get one for pretty cheap.

thanks

once i read your post i had the perfect thing for you, but then i read you didnt want lights... :/

ill do a search for you to see what i can find..

edit: after a search, maybe youll find this thread interesting, only one rheostat talked about afaik, but its a nice one, has lights though :/ (only light it has is the LCD display :))

LINK

i have ana antec PSU, a smart power...did i miss something about the fan only connector?

In theory you could get a 'thermo resistor' that is a resistor which the resistanse changes according to temprature(ambient)... I'm not sure how to do it in the real world, but It should(could) work in theory.

Thermistors are about <--> this big and not able to dissipate much heat. Running even a moderately powerful fan on it would overheat the little thermistor. That is, if it was like a 120V fan. Thermistors have resistances of >1000 ohms, whereas fan controllers have resistances comparable to 100 ohms.

You can hook up a voltage regulator with a thermistor in the feedback path though.
http://www.cpemma.co.uk/thermal.html

Como, whip out some black paint and paint that pyramid so the sun dont shine.:D How much was that thing,I forget.Think it was about $10.00 .Worth a try huh.Go and read up on it and see how
many fans of what wattage it can handle,if you decide to try one.
I prefer the manual control of my fans.They are wired in zones.Channel 1 (1 top blow hole) Channel 2 (2 front intakes) Channel 3 (2 mid-case fan panel) Channel 4 (2 rear exhaust) ..With this config I can adjust the pairs of fans on each channel to get my desired case pressure,cooling temps,and fan noise level.
THE FANMAN:cool:

This is the fan control/ temp monitor, that I have now.It is limited
on its wattage.

CONTROL LINK

Last edited:
Back