• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacing loud fan on slk-900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dalilman52

hey everybody, im getting sick of this loud-azz fan on op of my heastink (look in sig), its driving me crazy...plus its sucking up all this air so there is almost no air for the rear exhaust fans to take, and the rear exhaust fan isnt blowing all the air it would because of the hjeatsink fan...so what quiet fan should i get?

im thinking of the panaflo h1a (high) from directron, i go there every saturday, so its basically my only option, besides ordering online LINK i think this fan is pretty good, but would the 92mm high flow panaflo give me better cooling? the bigger deadspot on the 92mm almost negates all of the extra airflow right? the cheapest 92mm h1a i could find was at www.svc.com

gimme some advice, i want a quieter fan preferably by panaflo either 92 or 80 mm

does the enermax adjustable perform better than the 80mm high flow panaflo on heatsinks? i wouldnt use the adjustability, i would run it at high speed all the time so that function is useless to me

I use mine on high speed all the time and I can't hear anything unless it's the HDD spinning. I have an un-overclocked AMD XP 2700+ with the SLK-900A with that Enermax fan setup with Arctic Silver 5, Idle is 30C and load is 41C.

Judge for yourself though. I think FANMAN and some others on this board use similar setups with similar results.

Last edited:
My previous fan was a SF2. I cannot conveigh the amount of sound difference in the new system. Like I said, I cannot hear anything but the HDD spinning. I have a room temp of about 24C with one case fan blowing in and one case fan blowing out.

The enermax at full speed runs at about 64 CFM and 34dBa. The Panflo you want runs at about 39 CFM and 32 dBa.

Just some specs for you.

It also comes with a 3 to 4 pin connector, if you want to go that route. I'm completly sold on this line of products. When I get my new case and mod it, I've got plans for 2 enermax adjustable 120mm fans for inputs and 2 Vantec stealth 80mm fans for exauhst and my enermax 92mm fan on my HS. Should be REALLY quiet.

The 120 enermax's move a lot of air. I use 4 of them. The noise they make is mostly the air moving across the blades. The 92 is nice but I get 3 degrees Celcius better cooling with the SF 2. The 92 Enermax is great tho and I use it in my amd box where the only noise you hear is the slight hum of the psu.

The SF2 is gonna do a WAY better job at cooling but, I like my hearing. My case sits on my desk, about 18" form my left ear. I needed quieter fans and I got the enermax. With the cooling job the enermax does at the dBa output it has, I'll never put another SF2 in my case.

Just my personal opinion. To each his own.

DoubleJ8 said:
92mm enermax adjustable. The dead spot on these is less than most 80mm fans. Quiet too.

The SF2 is gonna do a WAY better job at cooling but, I like my hearing. My case sits on my desk, about 18" form my left ear. I needed quieter fans and I got the enermax. With the cooling job the enermax does at the dBa output it has, I'll never put another SF2 in my case.

Just my personal opinion. To each his own.

It also comes with a 3 to 4 pin connector, if you want to go that route. I'm completly sold on this line of products. When I get my new case and mod it, I've got plans for 2 enermax adjustable 120mm fans for inputs and 2 Vantec stealth 80mm fans for exauhst and my enermax 92mm fan on my HS. Should be REALLY quiet.

My previous fan was a SF2. I cannot conveigh the amount of sound difference in the new system. Like I said, I cannot hear anything but the HDD spinning. I have a room temp of about 24C with one case fan blowing in and one case fan blowing out.Here's the fan. I have this one (the blue one) that they are out of stock on right now but, they have the red one, or you can get it from another site.

Enermax 92mm adjustable fan

The enermax at full speed runs at about 64 CFM and 34dBa. The Panflo you want runs at about 39 CFM and 32 dBa.

Just some specs for you.

I use mine on high speed all the time and I can't hear anything unless it's the HDD spinning. I have an un-overclocked AMD XP 2700+ with the SLK-900A with that Enermax fan setup with Arctic Silver 5, Idle is 30C and load is 41C.

Judge for yourself though. I think FANMAN and some others on this board use similar setups with similar results.

plz....put all ur thoughts together...THEN post...

has anyone tried using the 80mm panaflo i mentioned and the enermax adjustable? id liek to know which fan is the best now im considering getting :

1) 80mm h1a (high) panaflo
2) 92mm h1a (high) panaflo
3) 92 or 80 mm enermax adjustable

im mentioning all of these because some fans (like the tornado) give the same performance on a heatsink because of the bigger deadspot on the 92mm version

I have tried the 92mm H1A Panaflo and the 92mm Enermax and the 80mm Smart Fan II. I have the Enermax on my system now if that tells you anything. Maximum cooling was with the SFII on high but it was too loud. The Enermax on high and the Panaflo were about the same loudness (at least to my ear - I know the rating are different but there really is no standard). But the Enermax on high cools better than the Panaflo.

bk94si said:
I have tried the 92mm H1A Panaflo and the 92mm Enermax and the 80mm Smart Fan II. I have the Enermax on my system now if that tells you anything. Maximum cooling was with the SFII on high but it was too loud. The Enermax on high and the Panaflo were about the same loudness (at least to my ear - I know the rating are different but there really is no standard). But the Enermax on high cools better than the Panaflo.

aight thx man, im guessing the panaflo 92 and 80 mm would perform about the same..i cant stand this freakin noise!! ill get the enermax 92mm tomorrow, thx bud

plz....put all ur thoughts together...THEN post...

I believe DoubleJ8 was simply offering the best "positive" advice he could. I'll make a deal with you, I'll help him "put his thoughts together" if you correct your grammar/spelling.

But then again we shouldn't be "flaming" on these forums.

Dalilman,I dont think you will like the pitch of noise the Enermax makes.I took mine off and put a Panaflo U1A 92mm fan on my SP-94 HS.I like the pitch, better.I used a rheostat from Radio Shack to control its speed. Its so much quieter than the Enermax 92mm.
THE FANMAN:cool:

Rheostat: 3 watt / 20-25 Ohm :D

hehe, thought i was going to put a vantec 92mm tornado on my rig and it was just too loud - now have a vantec stealth and my temps are running about 40~C @ load............

Sorry about the running posts.

Whatever you do, don't get the enermax 80mm!! It runs at about the same dBa and has half of the cooling CFM's of the 92mm. I had one of these as well and ran about 6C warmer under load than with my 92mm.

cool, i bought the enermax 92mm today and now the temp idle is at 35c !!! now i can FINALLY think *sigh*

Back