• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bought a barton 2500+ and an35n ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

waver123

Well was browing at local frys again and saw they have deal for a boxed barton 2500+ with shuttle an35n-ultra for $139.99 pretty good deal picked up one :D

Here is the code for the barton

AXDA2500DKV4D
AQZFA0339TPMW

anyone know if it's locked?

Not bad this week at frys was not planning to buy anything but saw this cpu deal plus pick up 2 x kingston hyperx 3000 for $49 a piece :p

That stepping code is so close to the locked line, meaning some are and some aren't locked. The prudent advice would be to fire it up and see. Make sure you post your result to This thread so that the author can get it into the record. Not sure if he has yours on record yet.

I'm getting tired of envying you people with Fry's stores in your states ;)

Hoot

Hoot said:
I'm getting tired of envying you people with Fry's stores in your states ;)

Hoot

Fry's is good for supplies, fans, PSU...
but it is not as good for CPUs, memory, HDD, vid cards - their prices are a lot higher then online stores like googlegear (plus free 2 day shipping)...

So you don't miss much.

Hoot said:
You haven't seen what we have to choose from here.

Hoot

I see you'r from twin cities. This is Minneapolis-St Paul, right?
I have lived there for year and a half...
So I have some idea.... BestBuy, ComUSA ;)

I see you'r from twin cities. This is Minneapolis-St Paul, right?

Yeah, I lived in south mpls for about 15 years and finally escaped to a distant western suburb. We have one Micro Center also, for what that's worth... There are two reseller shops down just east of Dinkeytown on University Ave. Tran Micro and General Nanosystems. They are competitive with each other since they're only a few blocks apart, but still above the West Coast average. There's a small place in the western suburb of Robinsdale, called PC Adventures. They're not too bad either. Thats where I got my retail 2600 Barton week 37 (unlocked) for $114 about a month ago.

I swear, a major midwest technological mecca like the Twin Cities and for the most part not a lot of PC component stores to choose from...

I guess I shouldn't complain. A lot of the rural areas don't even have one.

How's that old saying go? " It may be a crooked crap game, but it's the only crap game in town. " :D

Hoot

well it's locked :(

running @ 11 x 200 1.65v right now. memtesting my hyperx @ 200mhz first

When I bought my 2500xp from fry's I was able to check the code/week and I'm sure I would have been able to cherry pick if i needed to.

Then again this was about a month or so ago. They may not let you do that today.

Back