• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what could i get from this setup with 1800+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JJ86

Registered
What speed do you think i can get from my 1800+ that at current runs at 31deg/35deg with current set up, at xmas i'm upgrading to below components (i might be trading my 1800 for a 2500+ Barton. However in a recent thread some1 told me to keep with my 1800+ because they got their 1700+ to 2.4Ghz. So i am thinking about Barton aswell

JIUHB DLT3C chip AMD athlon 1800+ thoroughbred B (i think B)

Corsair 256MB DDR XMS3200LLPT Low Latency Platinum CAS2 (MY-013-CS) (maybe 512mb)

Leadtek nForce2 Ultra400 (K7NCR18D Pro II) Limited Edition MOBO (info on board at)http://www.leadtek.nl/nts/uk/products/mb/content.php?subject=nForce2 Ultra400 Deluxe Limited

350Watt PSU

the mobo already has ability to change voltages, multis, and fsbs so i dont think i need to change anything on the chip

- Questions are, 1) what speed from stated set up?
2) should i stay with 1800+ or go 2500+ Barton

Thanks JJ :mad:

You didn't list the brand of your PSU, your main concern would be upgrading a cheapo power supply if you have one.

With adequate cooling that DLT3C B should do wonders.

Barton may be locked so it depends how high of an FSB you can get your RAM to overclock...

With DLT3C B (not A) we'd be talking major overclocks, that's why people will be asking for details on cooling and Power Supply.

I mean the chip is top notch, the best Thoroughbred there is, so the PSU brand will influenece how high you get, not just the cooling. Good luck.

I have a DLT3C 1800+ to replace my DUT3C 1700+ and it can't even reach 2.6 on water at any voltage. It only goes about 100mhz higher than my DUT3C which got a little under 2.5.

Back