• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK-900A / 92mm fan ducting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itshondo

My 92mm fan atop my SLK-900a pumps out a good 56 cfm BUT the fan is much wider than the width of the heatsink, aloowing a lot of the airflow to flow outside of the heatsink - so I'm planning on building a duct that will neck down the fan and guide the airflow to flow through the heatsink. Thinking of building it out of copper sheet -

Has anyone built a duct like this or seen a retail product?

I've seen the curved 80mm adapters but they won't work.

I may even build one for a 120mm fan I have.

Thanks- I read that post but was wondering if anyone had done it with the SLK-900a / 92mm fan combo.

I think that building a duct is a great idea, but copper is a poor choice of material.
Primarily because of it's conductivity.
Plastic would be lighter and safer I should think.

I was thinking copper 'cause it's easy to fabricate and will also help transfer additional heat from the heatsink. I'm not concerned with conductivity 'cause it'll be in the clear of any wires or components.

thanks for the reply!

voodoomelons idea that I linked to above would work for any type of SLK Heatsink/Fan combo. The only difference would be the size and angle of the shroud. Give it a try. Maybe its not BEAUTIFUL, but it's functional and doesnt look bad by any means.

Back