• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd 2700+ User Defined

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddyg1

Registered
I am new to this forum with only 1 post and a few days on. It seems that not many of you run the 2700+ but hopefuly someone can help me O/C this 1 better. These are my settings and currently I run rock stable.

External clock.......................... 200
Multiplier .................................12.5
AGP freq. .................................66mhz
CPU FSB/DRAM ratio................ 5/5 (400mhz)
CPU interface ..........................Enabled

CPU Core V. ............................1.85v
DDR SDRAM V. .........................2.7v
Chipset V. ...............................1.6v
AGP V. .....................................1.5v

It looks like I have reached a wall @ 200 FSB and need some suggestions on raising the bar over that.
Thank You in advance for any input in helping me with this problem

3Dmark03

2500MHz is an awesome overclock I guess that if you can't go any higher then you could up the voltage to the CPU but you would only gain a few MHz, not worth it IMHO the risk of a higher vcore

I don't know a lot about infineon memory, but on the NF7-S, raising the Dimm voltage will allow you to tighten up the memory timings a little and increase your bandwidth. Considering you are already achieving 2500 Mhz without having to incinerate your CPU and RAM, I'd say you are definitely on the right track.

Some things to experiment with if you're in the mood to tamper:

Leave everything else alone, because it's easier to assess cause and effect when you are only messing with one variable at a time. Now, try changing the memory timing to 2-3-3-9 or 2-3-3-10 and see if it passes
MemTest86

Hoot

2 suggestions if you are trying to get more FSB out of that NF7-S. First off I would say lower your mult and try and find your true FSB ceiling. With the nice oc you have on your cpu right now its hard to say if its FSB or cpu mhz that is limiting your oc right now.

Also the L12 mod works wonders with 133fsb cpus like tbreds. If you haven't heard of this mod it basically tricks your motherboard into thinking your cpu is a 166mhz default fsb instead of 133. For some bizzare reason on the NF7-S rev 2 boards this helps get a better FSB.

Oh and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS :D

Thanks for the support all!! I have tried other multipliers and it has become very apparent that I have reached a "ceiling" of a 200 mhz FSB this is what I need to get past... I think I'll try focusing on my memory timings however if I drop my CAS to 2 it won't post so I'll try uping the Volts. I have a question though what is a better timing 2.5-3-3-8 or 2.5-3-3-11? I thought the lower the ROW the better. As for the steppings I had wrote them down but lost then in the tornado (Aug 7 03, Palm Beach Gardens) :(

Back