• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocked 0344 Applebred

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kb9skw.net

Registered
I have been playing with my new Applebred and am happy to report that it is unlocked. Codes are as follows:

DHD1400LV1C
MIXIB 0344TPMW

At just 1.54 volts I can run it at 12.5 x 166 for a nice 2075MHz. This is up from the default 10.5 x 133.

I have maxed out the multipliers of the motherboard and am going to up the multi via wire in the socket. Also I am going to up the voltage to 1.7 and see what I can do.

:)

Hey that's awesome a week 44 and its unlocked?? Sweet
Try to reenable the disabled cache by making a U-loop with something conductive around the pit on the last L2 bridge

Good stuff!

May I ask where you got it from?

I have been looking for one of those new Duron "B" DLV1C chips to play with - as they are dirt cheap, and overclock really well :)

I just noticed that you have a duallie rig - are both your chips week 44 Applebreds? I assume that Durons can be MP modded, so I won't ask ;)

Yep the Durons can be MP moded (even if its locked!) and his duron can be moded into an AthlonMP

I got an older 033x or something like that. I forget, but I can look it up. It is an MIUHB 1800 that I got at frys for 54 bucks and it is unlocked and does a solid 2000 mhz at 1.5 volts. I have it at 2200 @ 1.65 volts and it is stable as a rock. Gotta love these things.

-Collin-

Yeah, I just got one up and running for a friend at 12x166 (2ghz) at default volts with the extra cache enabled. It was an older 1.4. Not bad for a $38 chip.

If AMD starts putting out unlocked Bartons, then I may look into buying another chip.

Edit: By the way, someone over AMDMB also pointed out that the pencil trick will work on these bridges. I was skeptical, but it worked, and I enabled the extra cache and changed it to default to 166mhz FSB.

Yep the Durons can be MP moded (even if its locked!) and his duron can be moded into an AthlonMP

Another guy over at AMDMB has an unlocked week 47 Duron. I wonder what this means. Is AMD returning to unlocking its chips?

Have any "perma-locked" Durons even popped up *at all*? "Perma-locked" being multiplier locked in an unlockable manner - like the infamous Bartons that have been appearing. Perhaps AMD never even started locking Durons at all.

For ~$40 Durons are real winners; you can get the hidden cache up and running the "XXXXB" DLV1C Duron is essentially the same thing as the DLT3C TBred "B" (XXXXB) chip.

The CPU is from newegg.com shipped out of NJ. I got it about three weeks ago. My origional post about it is here. Maybe someday I will try to re-enable the L2 cache when I have time. I'm happy with 2.1GHz at the moment. :)

The two Applebreds in my SMP box are week 34 and 36 I think. I got them several months ago.

felinusz said:
Have any "perma-locked" Durons even popped up *at all*? "Perma-locked" being multiplier locked in an unlockable manner - like the infamous Bartons that have been appearing. Perhaps AMD never even started locking Durons at all.

Yes, there have been reports of super locked Durons.

i have a mixhb 0344 tpmw 1400 brown if this means anything

and its super locked it will go over 2.3 ghz but i cant get the cache back or nothing

r these 1.3Ghz Durons your talking about? cuz ive been thinking of getting one for my moms pc???

Definitely not 1.3, because the 1.3 are not Applebred - they're all Morgan core. Only the 1.4 and above are Applebreds.

Is the Morgan Core the equivelant to a Palomino Core Thoroughbred? Or is it a TBred "A"? What is the stock Vcore of these 'Morgans'? Just curious! (as usual... ;))

The Morgan is equivalent to a Palomino, not a Thoroughbred. With only 128k L2 cache. Dunno about Vcore.

Shade00 said:
Another guy over at AMDMB has an unlocked week 47 Duron. I wonder what this means. Is AMD returning to unlocking its chips?
i have looked for about an hour now and cant find this info any linky to it

stamasd said:
The Morgan is equivalent to a Palomino, not a Thoroughbred. With only 128k L2 cache. Dunno about Vcore.

its actually a 64k L2 cache.
The Applebreds ARE TBreds with part of their cache disabled, so if you're lucky to get an unlocked one you can convert it into a normal tbred.
There was a report of AGOIA palominos, actual athlon XPs with disabled cache for a 1.3Ghz duron.

i'll be back w/my 1400 duron later and i'll post results this week..this 1600 is awesome...almost relieves the stupidity of getting rid of 3 dlt3c tbred b 1700's...almost.

green mixib 0343tpmw locked but running 200x10.5....haven't tried to unlock the cache..i guess it's hit or miss with these, too.

Back