• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I remount the HS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tawcan

Registered
I'm running my NF7-S and 2500+ rig at 11*211 at 1.8V, 2.8V, 1.7V respectively. Ram timing is 11-2-2-2. The rig is housed in a CoolerMaster 200 case, with 2 L1A fans for front intake, 1 L1A for side intake, 1 L1A for top exhaust, Antecc TP 430W PS, and 1 39 cfm fan hooked up to Antec's fan control connector.

Room temp is ~20C (probably lower). Running F@h using the gromacs core my temp went up to 48C today. When I touched the HS it wasn't that warm. I'm using the latest BIOS (20) which I think recalibrated the temp already.

Think I should remount the HS and see if temp will go down? Or does that sound like a reasonable temp?

My 2100+ @ 12.5*170 @ 1.75V is usually around low 40's at full load. :confused: :confused:

Lap it! I can't believe the difference that made in my temps...I've read a lot about lapping the past few weeks, but didn't think it would really make a difference. It's a pretty easy procedure, so I thought what the heck. My temps were 52C idle and around 60C full load. I lapped the heatsink, booted and I couldn't believe the difference....the temp dropped 11C .. now running 41 idle and 48-49C full load. I didn't realize how warped the bottom of my slk-900 was until I started with the sand paper... it looked like a slight ripple in the water.. unreal :)

Oz said:
Lap it! I can't believe the difference that made in my temps...I've read a lot about lapping the past few weeks, but didn't think it would really make a difference. It's a pretty easy procedure, so I thought what the heck. My temps were 52C idle and around 60C full load. I lapped the heatsink, booted and I couldn't believe the difference....the temp dropped 11C .. now running 41 idle and 48-49C full load. I didn't realize how warped the bottom of my slk-900 was until I started with the sand paper... it looked like a slight ripple in the water.. unreal :)

I did lap it before I install it. :)

What type of thermal compound are you useing, and how much of it? With the thermal compounds the less you use the better, you want to use just enought to cover the area and be able to see it slightly.

Back