• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700 dlt3c question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A 3200+ or more if you have a Jiuhb , Jixib or Jixhb or Niuhb 200x11 is easy at default volts or 1.6v at most .. Try default first ..

CPU released after week 39 are all locked. There are some cases where week 38 are also locked. You should try your luck on ebay. Ask the seller for the stepping code before bidding.

StinkNBreff said:
A 3200+ or more if you have a Jiuhb , Jixib or Jixhb or Niuhb 200x11 is easy at default volts or 1.6v at most .. Try default first ..

except for having half the cache of a barton which I would say drops it down to about a 2800+

ChillPhatCat said:

except for having half the cache of a barton which I would say drops it down to about a 2800+

Nopers. A 2.5GHz Tbred will beat a Barton 3200 in almost all benches. The extra cache only makes for around 150-200MHz clock speed advantage - i.e. a Tbred at 2.4ghz will be performing the same in complicated apps as a Barton at 2.2GHz.

If you are using the computer for gaming, CPU speed is not the main factor to worry about. Like I said before, go ebay and buy a 1700 or 1800 at a low price. Remember to ask for the stepping code. Invest more money on a video card (get an ATI, because of DirectX 9), and you will be more happy with it. Games nowadays are more dependant on the GPU rather than CPU.

Back