• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

speed for under $60

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Como

Alright, i'm looking at these processors right now...

#3 1800 dlt3c jiuhb 0322 tpmw $65 shipped

#4 2000 dut3c aixhb 0328 upkw $65 shipped

#5 1700 dut3c jiuhb 0302 wpmw $55 Shipped

#6 1700 dut3c jiuhb 0302 xpmw $55 Shipped

Can you guys givce me a general idea of how fast each will go? i did searches and i find the general concensus is around 2.3G for all of them...

Personally, i was hoping to reach 2.45 - 2.5, but i was not only dreaming but looking at a harder to find processor...so if i cant find it, then i'll settle for less...

I'll have an SP-97, and an NF7-S , mushkin black level 2 high perf pc3500... (unless i decide for a board that can do a higher FSB)

So basically i'm looking at about a 225 FSB maybe 230.
will these chips do it?

If I were you, I'd go with the DLT3C 1800+. The best overclocks seem to happen with DLT3Cs. 2100+ DUT3Cs do pretty well too, but the 1700+s do well to hit 2.3 with high volts. I'm not sure about the 2000+.

so the #3 1800 dlt3c jiuhb 0322 tpmw $65 shipped is a good deal? is it locked? (i believe the week is 22, as its an 0322...or something like that

Of course it's unlocked, they didn't start locking chips for months after that, go for the DLT3C B, no contest.

you'll get 2.4 definately with #3 , 2.5 maybe and probably if you apply thermal goop right and heatsink and fan are VERY good .. ( slk-800/900+AT LEAST A Smart Fan II)

Thanks guys, i just sent a PM and claimed dibbs on it :) i'm getting an SP-97 for it, i have yet to choose a fan so untill i do i'll use a generic 92mm...i have like 30 generic 80's and maybe 6 generic 92's... thanks again!

You might want to reconsider that 92mm fan - larger fans are not well suited for processor cooling at all - because of the very large "dead-spot" in the center of the fan, conveniently where the processor die is located.

Go with a Thermaltake Smart Fan II, or if you like silence a trusty Panaflo/Sunon 80mm fan instead - they will probably outperform a 92mm fan by a fair deal.

Hope the chip works out for you, let us know how it performs :)

silence is much perferred, i'll probly end up haviung temp controllers on all of my fans its so perferred. But thats later, first i gotta get the guts goin! i was thinkin i'll get a duct eventually... but thanks guys!

Back