• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

found a cpu!! let me know!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trypt

Ok, I found a dut3c, i know they run at higher voltage, but I am getting odd reviews.. here is the stepping, its gonna cost me $94CND which is about $65US:

AXDA1800DUT3C
JIUCB 0325UPFW

The week looks good.. I am not sure about the JIUCB.. can someone tell me anything about this stepping? THey guarantee that it is unlocked, and they test all their chips at 200x12.5 for 24 hours running prime95 (this could be a good or bad thing)..

Also, I want to at LEAST hit 11x200 with any chip I get, if not higher.. please check my setup at the bottom and let me know if this is the chip..

btw, I will be upgrading my PSU, so thats not a problem, I know I have no chance of o/cing with my present PSU especially since I am running so many drives and such..

thanx in advance.

never mind the store, i'll let you know after I go there on monday, lol... they have 5 in stock, wanna make sure i get one before people like you order them all online, lol

EDIT: I think I would still prefer an unlocked barton 2500+ 333fsb, but i am still searching for opinions and data on the above cpu.

Also, what voltage do you think I'll require to run that 1800+ above at 200x11 (or higher, lets say 208x12).. I know it runs at 1.6v stock, but I am wondering whether this will be a hindrance for overclocking to my desired speed.

Last edited:
It's unlocked and will require some voltage to go to 2.3, probably over 1.8 volts.

DLT3C B (not A) can do 2.5 with great cooling and an excellent power supply.

I sincerely doubt you'll be able to get 2.4, let alone 2.5 out of a DUT3C 1800+ with average setups...

Yeah, i doubt that as well.. I might have to mod my mobo for higher voltage, actually, its just a jumper I have to remove to let it set it higher then 1.85, however, I think 1.85 should be enough to hit 210x11, i'd be happy with that, but of course I'll try for 210x11.5 and even 210x12, with higher voltage.. I use the sk7+sf2 combo with arctic silver paste.. should be ok to keep it below 50C on full load.

any idea what the diff is between JIUHB and JIUCB?

EDIT: is it true that a Barton 2500+ running at 200x11 (arbitrary) is 20% faster in general (does 20% more work per cycle) then a tbredB at the same speed? if this is the case, I'd rather get a barton, they are only about 20% more expensive, so it makes sense. I find it hard to believe that it would be that much faster just because of 256k more l2 cash..

I've seen some threads talking about it. Do a search on
JIUCB
and then on
JIUHB

JIUCB were the first Tbred B steppings around, they didn't do as well as the JIUHBs, just take a look at my sig

Back