• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memtest86 problem with barton nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

waver123

Ok I have a system that has a thoroughbred and abit nf7-s 2.0 mb, I recently bought a barton and 2 x kingston hyperx 3000 memory.

The kingston hyperx ran fine under memtest 86 with the throughbred @ 200mhz 2-2-2-6 @ 2.7v. It'll run @ 210mhz with 2.9v.

I popped in the barton with the hyperx. Passed memtest86 @ 166mhz. Overclock the barton to 200x11, run memtest86 just for the hack of it, system froze at 57% done (test5). System hanged completely. If I hard reset the machine the machine will froze @ the screen that displays the frequency of the cpu and 512mb memory. Turning off the machine and re-powering up it would still hang at that screen :eek: I need to turn off the machine and cleared the bios to gain control of the machine :(

I tried upping the voltage to 1.8v and the memory to 2.9v. No go. Still hang. The funny thing is even if the cpu/memory is not up to spec it should at least boot the system after a hard reset?

I tried downing the fsb to 190 x 11, still no go.

Finally I got fed up and set the barton @ 1.7v and memory to 2.7v and boot windows @ 200 x 11. It booted fine so I started prime95 torture test.

Tortur test has now passed for 1 hour, wtf is going on?? My cpu temp is @ 42C during torture test.

I'm gonna flash the bios to latest to see if that helps (I'm on 1.7 right now). I'd never had problem with memtest86 before, what is going on???? :mad:

looks like it might be a nf7-s rev 1.2 issue with barton.

Mod please move this thread to the abit forum, thanks.

Back