• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

odd disk scan at higher o/c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafaphoto

Hello! I can get my computer up to about 2.5 (for tests). My current cooling will not handle this for general use. If I go above 200FSB, I get a screen wanting to scan my c: drive. If I run the scan, everything boots up fine.

My main hardrive is a WD 60gb, and the other is a generic 12gb. The 60gb drive is the one with Windows XP on it, and is the one I use, the other is just a spare. I do have the option to boot into Windows ME when I start up the computer. The old 12gb hard drive was the one I used before upgrading.

Do I have these hooked up wrong (master/slave), or should I just get rid of the 12gb hard drive

File system

Thanks for the reply!

The 12 g is FAT 32 (it is an old disk, I think I need to get rid of it, but it is always nice to have a few extra gigs or spare startup dirve)

The 60 g is NTFS.

I am not sure what that is, so I hope I gave you the right information.

E

That sounds odd that evertime it wants to boot it wants to scan the NTFS drive. Ill have to see if i can find out anythink else about that.

Problem solved, Weird computer setup

I built my computer in an odd way. This is my first build and was upgrading from a 300mgz to a Barton 2500. I got everything in but the new hard drive, which was delayed for almost a week. I went ahead and built the computer on the old 12 gig using Win. ME. When I got the new drive, I had a little trouble getting it to boot, but got it going. The old (FAT 32 is drive c:) and the new drive is drive d:. It boots fine, I get an option to boot in ME, or XP.

Long story short, I swapped the master/slave cables and I still get the dual boot option, but no more disk errors.

Thanks!

E

Back