• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PAT on mushkin lvl2 black

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

solo

has anyone succeded in getting these modules to run on turbo, f1, or street racer on their ic7-x's?

EDIT:

just trying running ddr400 on F1 when my mushkin is rated at DDR433

i get 4783 unbuffered in sandra! thats amazing

Last edited:
That's 4783 buffered, unbuffered will be about 3000.

You need to disable the last two GAT options and run at least 2.8V on the memory.

heh sorry
i did disable the last 2 GAT options, and have 2.8v on it
im thinking about vmodding my board soon

anywhere above 220 fsb with streetracer of F1 will freeze my computer during boot up

this is 1:1
5:4 doesn't help

guess these PAT settings really do stress the ram

Am I right: doesn't PAT lower the timings for you for better performance?

If so I am doing it manually then as I have in my Intel sig.

These are not PAT setting we are referring to, rather the proprietary Abit "GAT" technology. The Abit 875 boards have PAT in addition, but don't really demonstrate a performance edge over the Abit 865pe's with GAT alone. It appears strongly that GAT is a very similar (if not identical) technology that if anything is slightly more effective through the fact that it has full manual controls that allow extremely agressive settings. This fact makes the Abit boards the fastest 865 and 875 products on the market, but also makes them finicky as can be when it comes to memory and makes the 2.8V Vdimm most of them provide often limiting.

PAT does require memory that can run at cas2 to be most effective (and can require it for stability), but is not the same thing as memory timings. PAT (and presumabley GAT as well) bypass portions of the pipeline in the memory controller itself, reducing the controller's contribution to the latency of the memory subsystem as a whole. It is very effective in doing this. The A64's take the concept a full step further by integrating the memory controller onto the cpu itself, further reducing latency.

solo said:
heh sorry
i did disable the last 2 GAT options, and have 2.8v on it
im thinking about vmodding my board soon

anywhere above 220 fsb with streetracer of F1 will freeze my computer during boot up

this is 1:1
5:4 doesn't help

guess these PAT settings really do stress the ram
Do you have the latest bios?

Back