• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking the 2500+ with an aeroflow...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerileous

my current CPU is a 1.2 gig P3 and i am using an aeroflow right now, needless to say i have no problems with CPU temps (28C specifically). Around htis time of the year (x-mas) i get new hardware with money i get as gifts and i plan to upgrade my CPU to a 2500+ (along with a NF7 and some nice ram). I, of course, plan to overclock the CPU but wont be able to afford a shiny block of copper (thermalright) for some time. How will the aeroflow do with this hot chip?

I have the Aero Lite and for only $15 I cant ask for more. I am at 210FSB and idle at anywhere from 32 to 42 depending on how fast I have t set for. I like the adj. speed function. Good HSF.

should overclock a little, barton cores run a little hot. you might want to consider adding another case fan, or replacing the aeroflow fan on the heatsink with something stronger..

Case fans are not an issue, i have 2 exhaust and 2 intake (one front one side, it appears my other front intake is dead) plus the PSU, its a Dragon. Either i did something wierd to unplug my second front fan or it be dead. Ill have to look into that, just noticed it. I have not had it very long. But back to the point, case cooling is good and judging by the first 2 posters i should be fine.

I use a Tt TR2-M2, which is very similar to the aeroflow, along with a 60mm Tt fan on the side panel assisting in cooling and I dont think I can take my 207x11 @1.675 overclock into the summer without keeping it below 55°c full load. My pc sits by a window and the ambient has been as low as 15°c and I'm anticipating (new place) that in the summer its going to get up to 25°c+. I'm going to put my Christmas money towards a slk-800 and a 80mm 50cfm+ fan and set and forget it. I think you should consider a thermalright or valcano 12.

btw- Christmas is in two days.:santa:

Back