• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which RAM to get at Newegg.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well i dont have the machine yet, but what i would like to put it in is a ABIT NF7-S nForce2 mobo and a AMD Athlon 2500+ Barton

I'd take CAS2 at 2.6V (the Corsair) over CAS3 at 2.5V (the Crucial) any day. You get what you pay for...

Hoot

Well you could get the cheaper Kingston HyperX PC3000. Some people on the board have been OCing em up to 440DDR with great timings. It's the bh-5 chip in them that supposedly makes em great OC'ers. I'd suggest you look in that sticky thread titled 'What's the best RAM." for further explanation. I plan on buying a pair of PC3000's tomorrow.

That may be true about the HyperX 3000 but if everyone has heard that they may have bought them out of the BH-5. It may be a crapshoot, however, to see if you get them.

Mushkin PC3500 Lvl.II and Corsair PC3500C2 are guaranteed BH-5

Corsair

They select good chips for their modules and good customer service if needed(Warranty).

vidgion

from now on im gona buy raw sticks and put my own spreaders on em. Screw this unknown memory crap, for all i know the memory could be PC133 with the L1 pencil trick. I mean how would i even know what im actualy getting?

Adding spreaders to the memory is worst thing for the end user IMO

Is my ram junk? or did i get a stick of PC2700 already overclocked?

My Buffalo sticks came without spreaders. They ran cool to the touch without them, but I made some and Arctic Epoxied them on anyway. They're still cool to the touch :)

Hoot

Back