• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard care..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Radical

I'm going to install an SLK-947u on my 2500+ pretty soon, but I have never installed anything on my motherboard while it has been out of the case. Would it be safe to set my motherboard on a wooden table while I am installing the heatsink, or should I set it on a shirt? or is that not even enough? Thanks.

EDIT: I'm using an A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2.0

Wood is good, a rubber mat is better. I installed my SLK-900A with my mobo in my Antec full tower. a tad awkward but not too difficult.

As long as there isnt alot of force applyed to the bard to dammage it should be fine, and also watch out for static becouse that can render a board useless.

Okay, I guess I'll just use the wood then, because I don't have a rubber mat. Thanks for your help.

Previously I liked to have folded towel under my Mobo while
working.
Now both my cases have removable Mobo trays instead. :p

Good luck. :)

Just be careful w/ using the board on wood as you can leave some nice marks behind - lol.

I've used both a towel & newpaper (a nice thick hunk). Rubber would be okay, just watch the static (remember the rubber comb/paper trick in science).

When mounting heatsinks I use the mobo box as it is non conductive, is stiff enough to allow enough pressure for even the tightest heatsinks and also has some flex to it so as to distribute the pressure a little more evenly to the mobo.

Back