• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyway to get back an old bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

james__bean

Registered
Ok I got my motherboard like 8 months ago, (Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev. 1.04) and at the time it was reading my temps correctly. Unfortunately I didn't realize that Asus Probe was reporting the socket temp while my bios was reporting the diode temp. So, thinking that the bios was reporting incorrectly I flashed my bios to try and get them reporting right. I've flashed the bios with a few different versions now and somwhere along the way it messed up my temp readings and now my case temp is reading 12-16C less than what it actually is. I'm just wondering if there is any way to actually get my bios back to the way it was when I bought it. I've tried just flashing the bios to older versions and it doesn't work. I've tried removing the battery and putting it back in and that hasn't worked either. Is there anything else I can do or am I pretty much just stuck with it?

Using ASUS AwardFlash in Windows, not at boot, (inmstallation file for the program comes with the driver CD) you should be able to reflash back to the original BIOS revision - just make sure that you clear CMOS with the labelled jumper before restarting the computer afterwards.

You might be wary about regressing back to an older bios as there are features that were added with newer bios versions that may not be present with the older ones. I have the same problem with my 7N400 Pro (Gigabyte) and the newer version of the bios (F12 vs F6, where the temps are a good 20C different).

Back