• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LianLi PC60 cooling ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dragonprince

Anyone mod a LianLi case for better cooling ? Can you show some PIC's if possible.

I have a PC60 which is a great case but with only the two front fans and the single on the back the case gets to hot. I have to take the side panel off way to often to keep the CPU from overheating when I get into some long gaming. The system is fine running CPU intensive tasks, its only when the video card and chipset get involved that heat becomes an issue. So I need to work on the case cooling a bit. I have a second side panel with a plexy window and a fan in the center but that setup is too loud. Id prefer some mod's where quiet is the theme.....

With some precision measuring, it's possible to cut another 80 mm exhaust below the one in the rear of the case with a dremel. What are your case temps? My PC-60 is able to keep around 29 degree Celcius temps with just the 3 fans (28 db/32 cfm).

here´s a link to a guide of the dual exhaust mod
my pc60 came with a second 80mm exhaust fan in the top already, but i didnt like it, so i modded it to a 120mm exhaust. i dont have pics of it but im sure you can find lots of similar mods in the net.
overall i do have 2*80mm intake fans, 1*80mm exhaust, 1*120mm exhaust +PSU. but i think i will do the blowhole mod, which is discussed in another thread here, also.

Serraph said:
With some precision measuring, it's possible to cut another 80 mm exhaust below the one in the rear of the case with a dremel. What are your case temps? My PC-60 is able to keep around 29 degree Celcius temps with just the 3 fans (28 db/32 cfm).

With the side panel that has a fan in place and running Im idling around 38c for the cpu and around 28c for the system. If I use the unmodded panel it will idle around 46c/32c which is way to hot.

I really wouldn't worry much about modding the case. 32c with the panel on is perfectly normal for a Lian Li PC-60. You could try tiddying up the cables inside your case to get an extra 1-2 degree drop if you haven't already. You could also try flipping the PSU so it's fan isn't sucking in cool air that the cpu cooler might need (my PSU's fan is closest to the top of the case and is working fine).
I'm not sure what kind of cpu cooler you are using but a top of the line cpu cooler with a 92mm fan will give you mid-30 degree temps under load. Thermalright SLK-947u and Swiftech MCX462-V are good heatsinks that accept 92mm fans.

I solved that problem by running mine with NO panels at all. I think is looks pretty cool. AND with no constant airflow through the case MUCH less dust is attracted. I've been running it this way for a couple months and still don't see any dust buildup.

Back