• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Ultra Infinity

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pyros

Why is is there isnt more people with this board? I have been in the market for a new board and though I had narrowed it down to a NF7-S. But in all the research I have been doing I stumbled across the DFI board. This board seems to have everything that the ABit board does except the Soundstorm audio. Even the prices are similar. *EDIT* It seems it does have soundstorm, its just not called that.

On the other forums such as amdmb and extreme There are some more people with these boards and the all seem to be fighting with all the ABit people. :p Some have even went as far to say the DFI Ultra Infinity is the "next big thing for socket A overclocking". :eh?: (concidering people are now getting 270fsb on the nf7-s I kinda doubt this)
The only issue I have found with the DFI board is that the mosfets are supposedly rather small and are supposed to cause problem when you try extreme OC'ing. Yet there are people with these board doing225-260+fsb so I dont know how true that is.

So does anybody have some experience with this board? Can anybody shed some light on what the quality and capabilities of this board are?

Pyros

Last edited:
I use one on my main system. (Well acctually the lanparty B, but its the same basic board) I just got it a week or so ago. Its running at 227MHz right now because I'm trying to find the sweet spot between CPU and FSB stability, but it was at up to 240MHz with the cpu multi at 9X with 1.7V on the NB. It goes up to 1.9 but I havnt needed to take it that high yet.

I had a best out of 3 NF7-S rev 2 mobos and the best one would only do 221MHz with 1.7V. This is just the 1st lanparty B board I have bought and I'm happy enough with it not to do a best out of 3 deal with it.

Also, it has none of the weird little abit qwirks, and the sound quality is better.

I've read a lot about this over at xtremesystems.org. If I was going to get a new board it would be this one. It is supposed to be able to go up to like 250fsb. It's got all the extras and the newest bios is supposed to be stable and fast. Geat choice.

I'm thinking about buying this board too. My NF7-S v2 cant make it past 220 fsb. And at that temp the northbridge is practically burning. Heard a lot of great things about this board, so if anyone gets one and has good luck with it lets hear it.

Also I read some reviews on it. All of them said that if youre using a heatsink that uses the 4 mounting holes the board sucks! Basically the CPU socket is way way the hell in the corner right on the edge of the board. There is also a motherboard mounting hole that is pretty much guaranteed to be covered by the heatsink. So youre gonna have a loose corner, which also happens to be the corner right where the big heatsink is. Though I dont think this would be as big as a deal as it seems if youre creative. I was already thinking that you could easily use a bolt, instead of a screw, cut the top off, thread it into the case mounting hole first, then put a nut on the top where the board is. Bunch of other ways you can get around this too.

I currently own an NF7-S but reading some reviews I was like !!! when I saw the max voltages lanparty can give to RAM (3.3!) and chipset(1.9!)
Only the CPU coltage was kind of lower than other boards, but who is gonna go over 2V anyway...

More over this thing has 4 SATA instead of the 2 abit has which are a problem to me since I got 2 raptors and no room left for storage SATA disks....

All in all do you think its a good board? I was thinking of changing my abit with it....cause I am also mad about the faulty 10 and 10.5 multys on NF7 .....are there any known errors on DFI?

OSFP said:
All in all do you think its a good board? I was thinking of changing my abit with it....cause I am also mad about the faulty 10 and 10.5 multys on NF7 .....are there any known errors on DFI?

A range pf positive and negative just like any board. I'm considering one myself. My guess is that there isn't a large users group yet to get too much of a measure. You might want to surf the posts over at the amdmb DFI forum. :cool:

deeppow said:

A range pf positive and negative just like any board. I'm considering one myself. My guess is that there isn't a large users group yet to get too much of a measure. You might want to surf the posts over at the amdmb DFI forum. :cool:

My feeling exactly. I cant get a real feel for this board due to the lack of people using it or atleast the lack of people that can give a unbiased opinion of it. The options are nice, but there have been problems with this board as well.(as with any) Feels too early to buy this board to me, so I just bought me a NF7. ;) Atleast I know what this board can and cant do because of all the people that have them.

I just received my DFI Infinity today, supposed to be a christmas gift but oh well. I have it running at 225x10 with my 1700+ and Corsair PC4000. So far I like the board alot, except fo the reset cmos jumper and the firewire connectors. The firewire connectors are right above PCI 1 and the reset jumper is directly behind PCI 1. I'll post again later after I let it run for a while and update the bios but so far so good.

I've had this board for about 2 weeks now and I'm just pulling it out to send to a friend for a late christmas gift. Out of the box with an unlocked 2500 barton and kingston hyperx 3000 I've managed 240x10. Mem at 3.2v @ 11,2,2,2,2,9,12- yeah for those that have this board, lots of mem timings huh?

Cpu @ 1.9v. 3d and prime stable. I bought this board after tyring a few nf7's, volt modded and stock, this board hands down did better than any nf7 I got ahold of. Almost too easy and I would say out of all the epox and abit nforce 2 boards that I have and have had, this board acts like it should imo. running bios 12-10 last I checked. with stock bios I was only able to get 225 prime and 3d stable. fun board to play with :D

considering a large number of posters in teh AMDMB forum are hitting 250+ FSB on the Infinity/LanPartyB, and we ourselves have crushed the Abit with a 282FSB...its not impossible.

Infinity is probably the best bang for the $.

ps; ram used was Adata BH-5's =)

this board has my attention......where these 250+ fsb's with stock cooling??.....also was this achieved only with the "NFII ULTRA INFINITY" or was this also achievable with the "NFII ULTRA-AL" and "LANPARTY NFII ULTRA B"??? also whats the voltages alloted to you with this mobo?.....vcore vdd and vdimm etc....I am a tad concerned if the vcore can only hit 2....if it's an actual 2.0vcore then thats fine.....if it's like the abit and undervolts...ala 1.8 = 1.75 then thats not enough....but I do like the look of the ultra B..........:D......and if I can find it cheap I might see what I can do with it :D.....250fsb on stock cooling would be AWSOME! :D

Board rocks with the new beta 12-31 bios. I think my ram is the only thing holding me back now. I've had it up to 244fsb, but was not prime stable. I need to find some good yet under $200 ram that will put me at the over the 250 mark.

Attachments

• stable.jpg
    stable.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 173
see that link in my sig tree?

click it

yes yes, CLEEK EET!!!

thats your portal to find out about these boards, what they can do, blah blah blah

CLEEK ZEE LEENK OR JOO WEEL BE SURRY!

Back