• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You want more security..... Get this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pikachu_Mommy

Disabled
For those extreme overclockers i mean...

ATTENTION: This is for extreme overclockers only... no little dinky air cooling guyz...

Get da Tea Bread XP2600+ 333fsb ddr rated chip for good arse oc.... for both descent FSBs and very high clockz.... why?... coz if the chip comes hard locked you can still take advantage of its default 12.5x multiplier. You coudda run 12.5 x 220 = 2750mhz. That's a nice oc combination know what i['m saying... it'll bite yo arse.. or you might as well run it 12.5 x 225 = 2813mhz... whether it comes locked or nut it dont matta.... 12.5x is da one of da perfect multi... Much LESS gambling... All bartons are xtreme gamble...

Mr.Guvernment said:
and what mobo should one use?

not every one will get those results unfortuantly.
mobo.... say..... some sucky Abit NF7 v2.0 boards will do.

Yeah, not everyone will, coz, supercooling will not guarantee 2750mhz on a given chip. But that is da high probability with da Late stepping chips these dayz.. and these days da chip you get is likely gonna get locked hard like hell.... and that is what *will likely* to have good potential in oc'ing.. they usually have oc'ing headroom of 2.4~ 2.5ghz air cooled(slk800/900 level) and those can attain mid 2.7~ 2.8ghz at a given supercooling(intermediate phase change cooling level). Nope... normal watta cooling ain't gonna get you there.. you would have to have incredible luck... even with that.. it's still too shakey...flakey sorta type know what I am saying..

If anyone has a moment to translate this post from the combination of dewd-speak / hip-hop gangstaz talk into English I would appreciate it. I feel there is quite possibly some good information contained within yet my head starts to hurt whenever I try to read things deliberately typed in a strange way. No wat im sayinz?!1

:eek:

yah man it all depends how total clockspeed you wanna run at with your cooling... even if the chip arrives to your door with early stepping code and comes unlocked, your chip will probably gonna have overclock headroom of maybe 2.2~ 2.4ghz. In that case, lower your multi and up the FSB as desired.. These chips do better with high FSBs than the 133fsb rated tbred chips.. So, you really don't lose either way. One way or the other, it's good for both normal overclockers and high overclockers know what i am saying..

yah, manz. deeze guys don know bout da eenglesh langadge.

i'm pretty sure he is talking about taking a regualr Tbred 2600 and upping the FSB as high as you can...apparently they have a 12.5X multi and would reach 2.75G's. i'd think you'd have to up the voltage up real high for that, probably to the point where the core wouldnt last a year even WITH cooling that could handle it. just IMO, though.

Aktunka said:
If anyone has a moment to translate this post from the combination of dewd-speak / hip-hop gangstaz talk into English I would appreciate it. I feel there is quite possibly some good information contained within yet my head starts to hurt whenever I try to read things deliberately typed in a strange way. No wat im sayinz?!1

I would be interested in where the motivation to do such things comes from :p

I think he might be right though. With a FSB limit of around 220, a high multiplier would be nice to have so you can ensure your going to get a high core clock. What if you get a bad stepping though? Then you might be stuck at an FSB like 180 or 190 :( ?

not a bad stepping, it's more like... older stepping and the chip will likely come unlocked. Like i sed earlier you will then lower the multi and up DA Fsb hehe..

Anaxagoras1986 said:

I think he might be right though. With a FSB limit of around 220, a high multiplier would be nice to have so you can ensure your going to get a high core clock. What if you get a bad stepping though? Then you might be stuck at an FSB like 180 or 190 :( ?
no not quite.... if the cooling is plenty good enough your core will be just fine. I'm talkin freezing temps or way below zero C.

if your chip is at such temps, you dun need super high vcore i.e. 2.2~ 2.3V.. more like... 1.9~ 2.0V the voltages are just fine at these temps. know wut i'm sayin'?

Back