• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my HyperX will not meet Kingston specs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think a while back Kingston admitted to there being some problem with their memory and the NF7 mobo. At one point they wouldn't take your rma if you said you had an NF7 or something like that. My first sticks of hyperx wouldn't do spec speed either. I returned them and the replacement pair will do spec speed quite nicely.

weird though...it is not my chip holding me back...it can exceed 2.4Ghz now...but this ram is REALLY slowing me down

how can they NOT rma this when on their site they show you how well their PC4000 performs...on an ABIT NF7-S!!!

only prob is i don't have any more ram and i am NOT parting with this until my new ram arrives...no ifs, ands, or buts

Is the 215fsb with dual channel or single channel? Does it do better with a single stick?

i am not going to try it as a single stick...i feel that a company that sells two sticks together guaranteeing it will reach designed specs ought to actually back their statement. i would rather not rma these if i don't have to...i still wanna hit around 220 or 225 and i would be ecstatic

you have a rev 1.2 board... maybe that cold be your problem... i have the same one at home and it sux....

ManOfKight, I've been reading your threads for some time now as you work around issues. The common denominator seems to be that you have a lame board. I know, it happened to me once. When the KT7A was being heralded as the "rising star", I ordered one. Before it even arrived in the mail, Abit came out with a new revision to correct "issues" the revision I wound up getting had. Would they take my revison back and send me a newer one. No, :( I was stuck being their Engineering failure. I eventually sold it at a loss and got the newer revision board. All the problems and solutions attempts I had sweated through trying to get that P.O.S. older revision board to play were a waste of my time. They vanished with the new board. It left me sour on abit for some time to come. Eventually, I found my way back to them when I ordered the NF7-S 2.0. I will never buy a newly released, revision 1, "rising star" board again. Too many manufacturers are using us as their Engineering department and we're not getting paid to be it. About the time we catch on to the fact that we have a lame board, they've already moved on to the next design and we're lucky if they "throw us a bone" via some bios workaround.

While I don't care for people buying something, screwing it up and trying to RMA it, when you're the one being screwed, it's time to cause some unexplainable failure that requires you to RMA something that's under warranty. The manufacturers rarely care if you came out on the "short end of the stick" by virtue of their rush to market half-assed design.

Life's short. You deserve some happiness. Get a different motherboard anyway you can.

Hoot

The most inconspicuous failure stops a motherboard as well as the most catastrophic...

Pull off a good wool sweater on a cold dry day and touch a few chips a couple of times, with your CPU, RAM and accessory cards removed. Works wonders... ;)

"Gee, it just stopped booting..."

-or-

Sell it and put what you can get for it towards a rev 2.0 board.

Hoot

I have a Question for you all...

Kingston is blaming my memory problem on the Northbridge...saying it cannot "produce"

Would the L12 mod help in any way? I know ppl say they get an extra "Boost" with this mod...would it help?

With Abit only giving me .1v to play with on the Northbridge...I cannot push too much more voltage than the 1.5 it comes defaulted to.

It's like hoot said knight, you need a new board. The 1.2s use the old first gen 'rising star' northbridge from nvidia. The 2.0s unofficially use the ultra 400s.

I wouldnt waste your time with volt mods or trying to create work arounds. Go with the wool sweater trick and RMA it for a 2.0.

I have nothing bad to say about kingston as the new hyperx 3000 I just bought from them far exceeded my expectations. I find it surprising that yours wont even run at spec.

I bought this board refurbished. I know that there is nothing SERIOUSLY wrong with it. I read about a pencil trick to do a voltmod. I will try this on Sunday when I am back in town.

I am not built of money. I do not want to buy another motherboard. I got this for 30 bucks...great deal if I can even get a solid 220 out of her.

well if you got it for 30$ I would be happy @ 166 seeing as my old 8rda want post past 190 without lossing the OS and having to reinstall window's where as before it did 215 all day but then again I did mod the H*** out of the board and it still run's so I'am happy with the 80$ I spend on my toy.

P.s. My pc3500 hyperx 2x256 kit want run 2 3 3 7 @ 2.8 volts @ 215 but will run that @ 2.9 and this ram is suspose to be rated @ 2.6 so guess what kingston has 2x256 stick's coming there way after I get my new board and ram.

you could try running your ram async, and if it doesnt meet the specs then they have to give you a new set...

just an idea :)

Back