• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help by tomorrow.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trypt

Ok, going tomorrow on a mad shopping spree.. buying a big power supply and a cpu..

Now, I know what to look for in a 1700+, 1800+ and a barton 2500+ (well, not really on this one, but I'll take any pre-week 35 I guess)..

I know there are other cpu's in the same price range, but have no idea on good steppings.. I know to look for JIUHB in the 17 and 18's, but what if I find a 2100+, there has been talk about this baby being awesome as well, what do I look for then? the first letter should be A right? as in higher end? I looked at that list of unlocked and locked processors, so that helps, but I just want a small list of processors that I can look for tomorrow, something like this:

1700+, 1800+, look for JIUHB, pre-week 39, DLT3C prefferable, DUT3C ok.
2500+ barton, look for pre-week 39, but to be sure, pre-week 35 (please elaborate a bit on this one, I really would like some good steppings, or are they all pretty much similar?
2100+ , have no idea about this one..

please elaborate on these and any others I might have missed, keep in mind the barton 2500+ is the most expensive I can go, so anything under its price is ok.. thanx in advance, my rig is below, and the psu is not an issue as I am getting a Fortron 530 or Antec 480 tomorrow.

Nice choice of PSUs.

If you can't get a 1700+ or 1800+ DLT3C B (not A), someone correct me if I'm wrong:
I have never heard of a bad 2100+ B. I have never heard of a locked 2100+ B, probably because there are no post week 39 2100+s.

Even 2002, 1 year old 2100+ Thoroughbred B's are overclocking champs, each hitting 2.3 GHz with half-way decent setups.

Any 2100+ B (Not A & not Palomino) is a good bet...

Back