• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

corsair 3700 oc problems....HELP!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.R.wes

Registered
:mad:....help,i am a newbie!$#p4 2.4 but i cant oc any higher than 3.2cpu temp is 38c 1.65volt if i go any higher my a-bit is7-e beeps and doesnt even load the bios.i'm running corsair twin 512 xms 3700 ddr466mhz in 5:4 with 3-4-4-8 2.8 volts on the mem.what i'm i doing wrong?

it's not your ram, you're only running it at about 213mhz (DDR426)! (assuming my calculations are correct...;))
either your board won't do it, or your cpu won't :(.
instead of running the ram at below rated speed, why don't you try running a smaller divider, or even 1:1 (although I doubt your ram will do DDR532).
Try a smaller divider and find the max overclock, then try running 1:1 (fsb will be lower) and try it out. All about experimentation!
If you really want to use 5:4 try a higher vcore. I also recommend check out reviews for your board and see what the max FSB they could get was.

Back