• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would these CPU fans/heatsinks work with a 2500+ Barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bboy_Jon

Speeze - Socket A Cooling Fan up to XP 2800+
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=308751&sku=S457-1015
(this would be on a Asus A7N8X Socket A Motherboard)

or a

Speeze ''WhisperRock II''CPU Cooler,Model:5F263B1M3G for AMD/Intel Socket A/370
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?DEPA=&sumit=Go&description=35-150-010&searchdepa=0
(this would be on a ABIT nForce2 Ultra 400 Motherboard for Socket A AMD Processors Model "NF7-S" RETAIL)

i am planning on overclocking

can i get some links??

i dont know anything about heatsinks and cpu fans

from both newegg.com and tigerdirect.com

If you plan on overlclocking go with a Thermalright heatsink. The best one out right now, which is also brand new is the sp-97 HERE. With that I would either go with a Vantec Tornado, or a Thermaltake SmartCase fan 2, which is what I would go with HERE. Also, you need to get a good quality thermal paste. The best one right now is Artic Silver 5.

those dont look like very good heatsinks. you want a copper one if you are gonna overclock. sp-97's are always an excellent choice for amd overclocking. there are also other high quality heatsinks out there for a decent price.

The Artic Silver paste is good but Artic Silver 5 may be a little bit better. The fan is the best one made but its seriously crazy loud. If you dont mind the noise I would go for the 92mm Tornado since it pushes more air. If you dont want to go deaf get the thermaltake smartcase fan 2. If your only getting stuff from newegg get the Thermalright slk-947u heatsink.

The artic silver 5 is good. That heatsink is very good but I would go with the 900u or 947 since they put much less pressure on the cpu socket since they are bolt on as compared to the 900a, which just attches with the clip. Also, you know that the fan you have there comes with a heatsink also? Either way, that fan is not good enough for overclocking since it only puts out 38cfm's. If you don't want the noise of the Tornado go with theThermaltake SmartCase Fan 2 which ive mentioned already.

well only the tornado fan is at newegg.com, also its a case fan (can they be used as cpu fans?) and i dont want all that noise, so can u find a fan at newegg?
o ooops didnt know it was at newegg.com lol

Uh, look at my post above, I have a link for the Thermaltake fan and yes any case fan can be used with that heatsink.

Yes, it does come with a generic 420W power supply. If youre planning on ocing I would definitely recommend buying a brand name power supply such as a Fortron or an Antec, its definitely worth the extra money.

ok my total is about $750.00 with a antec power supply (400w and up) it would be another $50+

so ya i dont seriously need it do i?

I would seriously consider getting one if you're planning on overclocking. If you want to get some other peoples opinions go to the power supply section.

well, would i seriously need it though, cuz $750 is way higher than i want to spend

about how high could i oc witht he 420 watt?

Since its generic most likely the rails wont be very good at all and therefore it wont be very stable when you raise your voltages. Like I said before, just ask some of the guys in the power supply section about it.

Back