• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My lanboy ^^

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

Well. when i originally baught this case, the discrussion came up about the 120 mm fan mounts and its cooling potential... although the stock case fans dont offer a very powerful air flow sollution on their own, overvolted ;) things are different.
my xp 2100+ running at 2000mhz runs at a max load of 38ºC now, thanks to case fan over volting to 17 volts. the fans arent getting hot, and the noise level.... oh.... my god, my living room is louder from my roomates pc than mine, which is a real first.
He runs a xp 1800+ at stock speed with like 8 case fans which keep it at around 42º. as good as i could do without getting much modding done. he isnt one for modding. but oh well.

ev0one1.jpg

here i have it set up for some anime watching at my mom/sisters place. booting to a tv with SAVED monitor profiles is a really nice function.

ev0one2.jpg

here is just a shot of my lighting scheme up close. I did a lot of work to get my wire mess under control too, so my machine travels nicely and impresses. it was amazing the number of poeple who said stuff at airport security ha ha.

when i next show my box, it will be all modded for water. ill take suggestions on how best to accomplish that later. i plan to replace the yellow light with UV to get red and purple together. this will also light up my coolent. but im thinking of using el wire to make a runway lights kinda effect on my cooling tubes.
they would kinda turn off and on in a sequence that looks like runway lights indicating flow direction.

ill stick my heater core in that back case fan spot. those are 120 mm fans btw.. interestingly enough, my moms digital camera can see those larger fans spinning just fine, but my cpu fan and nb fan.... at 3700 rpm, still dont register ... :-/

oh well. its my rig. not really MODDED. im going to cut out the grills to move some more air. and replace them with some evercools.

Nice, I'm thinking of getting this case to put a watercooling setup in, but was a bit concerned about the blue mesh thing on the front, didnt look so good in some of the website retailers photos, looks good there though, does it look nicer when you see the real thing? :)

actully, i WISH my lights looked that good. they are more off colors. i think ill spray paint a filter on them to give them the correct colors at a later date....
that aside, the case itself is very nice actully. the front grill looks ok with its led fan. assuming of course you use the standard blue led fan. its ok, but once you throw in some other colors. contrast can be a bas things. when you have three way contrast, in my case anyway.

red and blue alone is ok, buy red yellow and blue... nuuu no no. you cant mount an internal core down in the front though. scrap your ideas for that. unless you want to remove the nice drive arangement. which would be a job, lets just say that. nuupe, you will have to either use the other provided mount, use the side window, or use the top. mine will go in the provided space.. slightly modified however.

I like this case, i just snipped the led power lines and she looks wonderful. its light, easy to move over to the tv and looks pretty sweet. I only want to add one more light. then i might actully start painting. im thinking deep red or a racing orange.

At this time, my pc is mainly set up as a temp rig that can do some artwork and play games with minimal fuss. its fun to oc though and having my case all closed up certainly helps noise. ill migrate to a water package somtime near the summer, when i expect ill actully have some cash to do so with.

here are some more images of my setup.

sk7.jpg

My tried and true sk7. this heatsink has seen me through many overclocking projects. it survived my xp 1600+ @ 2000 project and continues to serve my ev0one box today. i dont see much reason to change to a 9xx anything.
the only thing that sucks, is mounting this;
duct.jpg

i had to bend the wires a bit and stuff the wires between the hollowed out fan and my smart fan at the spots where i hadnt screwed them together. but this shows how to build a pretty simple low cost duct that actully works.

grill.jpg

The front grill in operation. if i paint my case, i will most certainly paint over this transparent grill as well. it doesnt look too bad, but i can do better i think. some lazer leds would certainly add some nifty sparkle to this package.

wiremess.jpg

I did the old nip and tuck for my power cables. you will not find the stantard at cable anywhere. i snipped that and taped it to the top of my power unit with packing tape. its solid and insulated as to cause no trouble. I was too lazy to shop for shrink wrap or sleeves, so electrical tape to the rescue. Also, any extra molex cables that were not needed were cut off and insultated. pretty clean overall.

cathode.jpg

I should have taken this pic when the box was turned OFF as you might not be able to see the issue that is evident. this cathode is by no means perfect. its blocks are not leveled which means the cathode doesnt "stuff" well beside that 120 mm fan. takes just the right placement to enable closure of the case, and non breakage of the cathode itself due to flexing of the acrylic shieth. my cathode lamps have come out of their tubes before. so im considering just tossing the tubes, and insulating the return wire with shrink wrap.

Last edited:
Valk,Is that a fan grid infront of that fan?(last pic) No wonder those fans don't produce any air:D Your rig really looks nice.What do you use to clean your HS with?Just messing with you on the grid! THE FANMAN:cool:

the front fan has TWO grids..... it has an aluminum one internally and the plastic one externally. the internal one is the one i want to cut. as for the back one, it isnt so bad really. cleaned my sk7 with compressed air, was highly effective. i kinda wonder if i could cool it with a can ;)

It would be rather noisey,cooling with compressed air.I've been cleaning my SP-94 HS with a soft dry tooth brush and then canned air.THE FANMAN:cool:

im thinking of putting my sk7 through the dishwasher at work... but i know the guys would look at me wierd...somone said they did this, but i dont think the home dishwashers cant compete with ours ;)

Back