• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to decide from these HSF units.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valden

Registered
I am building a new system, and I plan to do a moderate Overclock on my P4 2.6C. I will be putting it in an Abit AI7 with 2x256 Mushkin Level II Black PC3200.

The two HSF units I am torn between are the following:

Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu

Vantec Aeroflow with TMD fan

I have gotten mixed answers on other forums, for some reason alot of people do not think the zalman alcu is very good....I must be missing something because all of the reviews I read say it is great.

As for the Aeroflow, mixed opinions too, mostly about fan problems. However it looks like it is a great performer too, is cheaper than the zalman, and isnt a huge beast.

I plan to OC as high as my computer can go with good RAM timings and a divider of 1:1, however I do wish to chase the famous 250 Fsb that the P4Cs seem to be doing so well (provided my temps are ok).

Thanks in advance for any help!

I dont Know whole lot about intel so this might be a shot in the dark. The Zalman sounds like a really good heatsink reading some of the reviews at newegg all says its really good and all but 3 give it 5 stars. i also like the design of it looks like the heat would get pulled away from the center faster. and res. in cooler CPU temps I hope that helps alil like i said i dont know much about intels but got to start somewhere GoodLuck

Welcome To The Forum

First off Welcome to the Forums!!

The Zalman is a good HSF. I would shy away from the Aerocool. Aluminum doesn't dissapate heat like an all copper cooler would. Have you thought about the SLK-947U or SP-94? These are also excellent HSF. They might be a little more than the Zalman but, unlike the Zalman you can use virtually any fan on them.

Well I have gotten soooo many people who have said go with thermalright to keep the options open, that I have opted to go with the SLK-947U with a Thermaltake Smartfan II for the fan. I think this will perform well and still allow me to keep my system on the quiet side.

On a side note...what would you reccomend for a second 120mm fan? I have an Antec sonata with just the one stock exhaust, and I was thinking about getting a beefier exhaust and moving the stock fan to an intake position. Thanks for the welcome!

That SLK-947U will be sweet i was looking at it but i dont have mounting holes on my board im getting the SLK-900A

For the 120mm im looking at the Enermax Adjustable Speed 120mm its has good air flow

If you consider the Panasonic Panflo, make sure it is not one of the 38m/m models...You can only fit a 125m/m X 25m/m fan up front...I had the Enermax's in my Sonata...I like them because you can easily adjust the fan speed to match your heat sink fan...The Panflo's are awesome fans...Just make sure you get a 25m/m thick version...;)...If you get a 38m/m model you could switch the rear fan up front and put the Panflo in the back...:D

Back