• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which BIOS to Use? NSF-7 <-------

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frumpco_

Hi everyone I am getting a new system in the mail today or tommroorw withthe following specs

Abit NSF-7
Barton 2500+ (I assume Locked)
1 gig 3200 DDR OCZ Platinum
Ati 9800 Pro
36 gig Rapter
120 gig 8 mb cache SATA HD
Pioneer 4+- DVD Burner
Liteon DVD Drive
blah blah blah

Anywho I am wondering what would be the most stable bios with the best options is pretty much the question I am going to OC it abit nbothing to extream right now so any help would be great also what memery timings should I use as well?

Thanks for your time

BIOS 20 is the newest, I'd go with it. Especially since you have 2 SATA hdds, for extreme oc'ing BIOS 10 is the best. But it doesn't support SATA. However there is a hacked BIOS 10 with the new SATA drivers, I can't speek to how stable it is because I haven't tried it. But from what I've read here, people are haveing good luck with it. But for just starting out on a new board I'd still recomend useing BIOS 20. Good luck.

18 or 20 are good, 10 is the best for oc if you can get the hacked one from abit forum website. I have sata raid with hacked bios 10 and no issues whatsoever....

use either the d10 bios or the d20, i personally like the d20's because you won't get as much hard drive error and have to reformat

I dont know what bios I have for I just recieved that mobo but how does flashing the bios help overcome a hardware limitation? increased voltage?

Overclocker550 - not really, they all offer pretty much the same features - although the enwer ones (and modded D10) have a fix for the SATA corruption issues, and the BIOS coruption issues.

I have tried most of the BIOS revisions myself - and they all have different quirks, but end up not letting me pass 211 FSB stably in both Prime95, memtest, and 3Dmark - although modded D10 gets me up to 233 stable in anything but 3Dmark - and gets me no 3Dmark stability with any FSB above 200.

My point being that these boards are very quirky, and you will need to try them all out for yourself to see which one hops those FSB overclocks best for your board, while weighing SATA issues, BIOS corruption issues, etc.

I would go with D10, or D20 though. I use 18 simply because it is stable at 211 X 12.5, and is what my board shipped with.

Last edited:
I know many ppl praise bios 10, and like it and does them fine. But I had to format after 5 min of having it. It corrupted my windows files in 5 min. ;/

I just use the latest.. because the bios or even the L12 wire trick hasnt effect what fsb i can acheive at all. :(

I am currently running 20 - works great. I updated from 18 using ABIT's Windows based update utility - worked like a charm!

Back