• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Other than NF7 what should I get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

I decided to build another AMD machine to play with and want to try out some new parts. As you can see in my sig I already have an NF7-S and know how good it is but I want to try one of the others: ASUS A7N8X or EPOX 8RDA3+ or ???.

Which one should I get and why? Which one will do the best with little or no mods? I will be running HyperX and an 1800+ since I haven't tried them yet if that makes a difference. TIA.

Interesting, I'll have to do some research on that board.

EDIT: Well I will if I can find it anywhere........Where did you find it?

Last edited:
Well from what I did find it looks like the extra speed comes in part to the 1.8v limit on the chipset versus the 1.7v on the NF7-S. But it still seems like a good board to try.

The only place I have found it "future product" is at directron and "out of stock" in places in the U.K. The soltek website doesn't even have a where to buy link and is very slow but doesn't have much product info anyway. If you google for it newegg has a link there but it comes up blank if you click on it. I guess we are just early. :(

Ah good info to know Balrog! Ebay may not be the best for these boards in that case. Thats probably why none of the big resellers carry them too.

Come over to the Shuttle Forum and see what you think about our budget OC board the AN35N Ultra. We kinda like it, no frills, OCs decent, not the fastest but very forgiving and stable. I run mine with 1700+ @ 220FSB x 10.5 w\ Buffalo\Winbond PC3200 others have run over 230FSB using Mushkin. Check it out, we're all happy to answer any questions you have.

Regards, Balrog

Actually the story I heard was a big feud between Soltek US and Taiwan. It seems companies like NewEgg and a couple small vendors had been dealing with Soltek for sometime, buying their stock at good prices direct from Taiwan. Then along came Soltek US who were the "Official" distributors and tech support for Soltek in the US. Problem was they couldn't compete with the prices Newegg and the other were selling Soltek boards on so they couldn't make enough commissions, they refused to do warranty work on boards bought from NewEgg and the others. The whole thing blew up and this is where things stand the last I heard. Too damn bad as they put out some sweet boards and NewEgg used to sell them cheap $75.00-$85.00 for NForce2 SPP and IGP boards.

Regards, Balrog

Yea newegg seems to have one or two of the older Soltek boards still in stock but not the one we were looking for. Must be trying to liquidate stock.

I would take the DFI NFII Infinity for a spin!!

Its the best OCing mobo I have ever had.
running my 1700 DLT3C @ 250x10, 11-2-2-2 1:1

The Asus A7N8X Dexlux is a pretty good board with nice features... doesn't OC like an NF7-S but does have a few more neato features. Though not much more.

I just picked up an A7N8X-deluxe refurb at newegg for 59.00 so if it isn't the best it wont hurt too bad. What makes it not o/c as well?

It sure would have been nice to play with that Soltek but it didn't have mounting holes around the socket which is a big no-no for what would be a WW setup.

the only one board that can clocks equals or probablyu highter than a NF7 V2.0 is a DFI Infinity (also DFI Lanparty, but this costs a lot)
DFI can hit 250mhz very very easy without vmod and stock cooling (if your mem can)

Back