• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In need of the ultimate :-)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Baphomet

Registered
hi peeps,

ok heres the score, i recently bought the coolermaster Jet7+ radial fan. Looks nice, sounds quite bareable and not too bad cooling (AMD Barton 3000, 45c@load)

What i need from you guys please :) is some recommendations on a really Frikkin good HSF,

While Price is not a problem, im happy to pay big bucks for the best one i can, but i want to stick to air cooling for now, not gonna go to water just yet

Sooooo. Any Ideas? im after the best, most impressive, best cooling HSF on the market, noise is not an issue i can live with it!

Thanx peeps

Baph

it dosen't look like you board has the holes around the cpu to be able to bolt down the SP97, so the next best would be the SLK-900A

HaTE said:
it dosen't look like you board has the holes around the cpu to be able to bolt down the SP97, so the next best would be the SLK-900A
Sorry, you're right. I forgot about the mounting holes... The SLK900A would be the second best choice

if it will fit on your board get the 900A else the 800A both are about the best you will find... u have to think though... a decent waterblock such as a maze 4 will be like $32, a cheap pump for $30 and a heater core for $20. for under $100 you could have a decent water cool setup with next to no noise.

I think you would be better off staying with the Thermalright HS,product line.That HS you linked to above is not a very good cooling solution.It sticks out twice as far as the Thermalrights.
One guy said a friend has one that broke off of his mobo.:D
THE FANMAN:cool:

This maybe helpful!
HS REVIEW LINK

BREAK OFF THREAD

NOTE: The comment is half way down the page.:eek:

Last edited:
archilochus said:
I think you would be better off staying with the Thermalright HS,product line.That HS you linked to above is not a very good cooling solution.It sticks out twice as far as the Thermalrights.
One guy said a friend has one that broke off of his mobo.:D
THE FANMAN:cool:

This maybe helpful!
HS REVIEW LINK

yea, i also know a guy, who knows someone, that heard that the cousin of his wifes brother had one of those big HS's too lol:D :rolleyes: (offcourse he was told by his own mothers daughter...)

id stick with the TR SLK's if i were you...

thats crazy, that it would rip off the mobo. i wonder if her can get any compensation from TK for the damages to his computer due to their shoddy product?

Back