• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Deluxe owners:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quattro

Hey everyone. Just got my new board, so far I am pleased with it.
I have toyed with the BIOS a bit, however all I can get up to is a FSB of 143... I have good RAM DDR400, so is it my chip?
Could you please post data about system.

FSB
Multiplyer
All Memory Speeds
All Voltages

and of course what processor you have.

First off, make sure AGP is set to 66mhz. This will lock the PCI and AGP speeds.

And all my CPU info is in my sig.

FSB - 200mhz
Multiplyer - 11
All Memory Speeds - PC3200 Corsair Value Select default timings
All Voltages - CPU:1.65V, Ram:2.6V, AGP:1.5V

What model Athlon XP 2100+ are you running, can you possibly list the codes that are printed on the cpu? Good luck.

- ThePCGuy

It is a palamino I will find out the codes when I get home from work.

The Palomino line has been known to not overclock very well, in this particular situation I belive it is your chip that is not cutting it.

- ThePCGuy

I have managed to make it run at 148FSB, which just scrapes 1.9GHz. Not bad, but that it the limits of my system.

just need one more post to get to 100 posts so I can get into classifieds.

Speaking of posts, I was curious how to find how many posts you've made. Anyone know?

- ThePCGuy

ThePCGuy said:
The Palomino line has been known to not overclock very well, in this particular situation I belive it is your chip that is not cutting it.

- ThePCGuy

They OC fine for their time, but usually not over 1800mhz, ~2Ghz is the general max for most cooling types.

I would guess your problem is your processor, if you want to get more FSB out of it you can unlock your processor by using some conductive paint to connect the four (very small) L1 bridges. I am pretty sure there is a more detailed link in one of the stickies in the AMD CPUs section.

200fsb
11x
1.75vcore

2200mhz

I have been able to hit 2500 but after a while it feaks out so 2200mhz is what I keep it at. I am having bios problems though. I just ordered a new bios chip for it to see if it helps.

The 2500+ Barton I am going to get is unlocked so I hope to get a little more than 2.2GHz.
If I had 200*12= 2400MHz do you think that would be stable.
I think my cooling is fine my processor is at 35*c now and it has been on all day is a heated room.

I just have to ask.

I'm not really an AMD-guy, but I put togheter this system for a friend.

Asus A7N8X Deluxe 2.0
Barton 2500+
Twinmos 2*256MB
etc

It all works just fine @ stock, but HOW do I oc this sucker?
I tried and changed the external clock from 166 to 200 with 11x multi (it won' take any other multi that I give it) and I get 2200mhz. I managed to play battlefields for about 1½h and it worked just fine, but when I tried to run prime95 it took me just one test to get it to stop.

Is there anyway to set the fsb by 1mhz a time? couse 100-133-166-200 wont just do it for me.

Could all this be couse the multiplier is locked? But I should atleast be able to change the fsb right?

Help a poor intelguy stuck in the AMD jungle out, ok? ;)

And yes it's PC3200 memory sticks in case you wondered.

Twinmos 256MB PC3200 standard cas 2.5....

yes this was supposed to be a budget computer.

Hiya, if you set "system" (i think) from Optimon to user defined you can set the FSB 1MHz at a time, I had to do that to oc my crappy Palamino.

Back