• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 2100+ Palamino

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quattro

Is there no hope for me oc-ing my system with this chip?
If there is could you give me an idea of what I should be getting.

The highest I can get now is a FSB of 143 * 13

Why can't I get higher... Crap processor.
I am going to get a 2500+ barton in a few weeks, I just thought I could try oc this chip.

Thanks!

There are no 2200+ Palominos.
The highest AMD could scale it is 1.733 GHz 2100+.

You can usually get a little additional headroom but that's it.

Thoroughbred Bs scaled to 2250 MHz so that's why average T-Bred B overclock is 2.3 GHz.

Tha Pallie 2100 is locked at 13x so u stuck at 140s fsbs.. 140s fsb is the usual max for this chip except for few of the good late stepping ones.. which mite top out at... maybe high 140s to 150.

so yur chip is about where it should be.

if you wanna utilize high FSBs then you gonna have to do wire mod AND L1 mod(closing all bridges) to adjust multiplierz... your CPU grand total clockspeed iz topped out where u at rite now... so unless you provide some supercooling it ain't gonna get you higher know what im saying..

c627627 said:
There are no 2200+ Palominos.
The highest AMD could scale it is 1.733 GHz 2100+.

You can usually get a little additional headroom but that's it.

Thoroughbred Bs scaled to 2250 MHz so that's why average T-Bred B overclock is 2.3 GHz.
be more careful reading da original poster's message... reading sloppy don't help.... it's 2100 pallie...

WOW! I actually overclocked my processor to the limit!
I actually managed to run at 148FSB.
It was stable.
Not bad, just scraped 1.9GHz!

Quattro said:
WOW! I actually overclocked my processor to the limit!
I actually managed to run at 148FSB.
It was stable.
Not bad, just scraped 1.9GHz!

1.9-2.0 is about where most people crappe out with pally's. i know I did. good job witb that OC. Youll have alot more fun when you get your hands on that 2500+, especially if its unlocked.

I just been on ebay, there is one for sale an unlocked one.
But the price is climbing quite rapidly...

Isn't there something I can do with the L1 Bridges to unlock the multiplyer?

Quattro said:
Isn't there something I can do with the L1 Bridges to unlock the multiplyer?

Not with the locked Bartons. This thread explains it pretty well, about half way down the first post in orange is what you'll want to take a look at, if you haven't already.

Oh well that clears that up...
But I suppose the standard multiplyer on a Barton isn't a terrible one.

Pikachu_Mommy said:

be more careful reading da original poster's message... reading sloppy don't help.... it's 2100 pallie...

Yeah I'm sorry, I meant to say Since there are no 2200+ Palominos, the 2100+ is the highest AMD could scale Palominos so it doesn't have all that much room for overclocking.

Back