• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR 3200 - ¿ Buffalo, Twinmos or Kingston ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JLVal

Registered
I have a NF7s 2.0 and i´ll try to overclock it, ¿ which DDR should i choose for a 2x256 mb Dual ?

No, i´m talking about Kingston value ram. They cost all almost the same.

I've heard good things about Buffalo but it's not available where I live so I can't say. Below things should apply to it too.
If it's Twinmos on some good-brand chips - get it. If it's TwinMOS or M'tec chips - avoid at all costs. They were quite good but become very bad recently.
If it's Kingston on some good chips you can get it too, but it depend what model you can get - C3A (ok) or C25 (good), C3 = bad (3-4-4 timings :().

So basically it depends what chips are on DIMMs. Of all above Twinmos looks worse than the rest.

twinmos with mtec 50D chips are pretty good for 220-230mhz 2-3-3-6 in DC, so not so bad.. i have seen people hitting 250mhz 2-3-3-6 at 2.85v on twinmos with mtec 50D chips... but this chips can't go at all at 2-2-2-6 timings

I just bought a gig (2 x 512MB) of Buffalo PC3200 Ram and it clocks to 220MHz with timmings of 2.0, 3, 3, 11. It cost me about $146 witch is very good value for money!

I also own 2 x 256MB of Corsair XMS3500 and it clocks to 230+Mhz with the same timmings, but as my locked barton 2500+ is only capable of 2400MHz , the XMS is getting sold off !

If you go with the buffalo just remember to get the modules with the winbond chips not the samsung chips !!

I got my Buffalo ram from HERE , they also ship Internationally !!

on newegg for the buffalo can i assume its winbond if it sais nothing else (other modules say they are samsung or micron)? im assuming no but it owuld be nice.

Zerileous said:
on newegg for the buffalo can i assume its winbond if it sais nothing else (other modules say they are samsung or micron)? im assuming no but it owuld be nice.

The full code on the packet that I recieved says this: Buffalo, LOT: DD4002-512/WC then a barcode and 512,184PIN,400MHZ,64MX64.CL2.5

What price are new egg asking? and also I dont think they ship internationally!

I got mine from www.tblmemory.com

Back