• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS defaults in KT-7 RAID

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghastman

Registered
I have an ABIT KT-7 RAID that i am currently running with an AthlonXP 2400+ at 2000 mhz, but with an 4A bios. I want to upgrade to the A9 bios. Hopefully the A9 can fix a problem I have in Asheron's Call on a Geforce5200. I blew my Duron 700 chip up, therein lies the problem. I am afraid to clear the CMOS for fear that the multiplier will be one that the AthlonXP will not boot with.

Does anyone know what the default multiplier settings are for the A9 bios? I have 2 options, buy another proc that is officially supported to protect myself if the new default wont boot. The other option is to flash the A9 and pray that the mult works.

Does anyone know for sure what will happen?

Thanks

Does anyone know what the default multiplier settings are for the A9 bios?

x5

I would flash it as there are several others with the same chip and they boot fine.

Let me make sure I understand exactly, I've been burned with unbootable bioses before, and it makes me nervous.....

AthlonXP 2400+ set in bios 12>above, 2000 mHz
ABIT KT7-RAID (non a)

Flash bios with A9 abit bios
Reboot, bios accessable for tweaking

-----or----------

Flash bios with A9 abit bios
Clear CMOS
Reboot, will I be able to see the bios menu?

I've seen on the big thread that the 500 setting, (x5, the mobo default) is an unbootable one. When I first installed the XP, I set the bios with the old duron, rebooted, droppped the xp in and went merrily along. Every time I tried a setting that wouldn't boot, i replaced the xp with the duron and started over, the last time getting sloppy and frying the duron. So I didn't really test enough to know if I can install the XP without the duron from a cmos clear.

I might just be paranoid. I've solved my problem temporarily by stickin my geforce2 back in, so waiting for a backup processor is a possiblility.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me,

Ghast

I have never heard of the x5 setting being unbootable. Do you have a link to this topic?

If you want I can mod the bios to whatever default you want within the multiplier range.

The a9 bios covers both the (a) version and the non (a) version.

docinthebox in thread http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158672

claims this:

500 -> no boot
550 -> no boot
600 -> no boot
650 -> no boot
700 -> 1500
750 -> 2200
800 -> 1600
850 -> 1650
900 -> 1700
950 -> 1800
1000 -> 2300
1050 -> 2400
1100 -> no boot
1150 -> 1900
1200 -> no boot
>= 1300 -> 2000 (I think the >=1300 setting corresponds to the 12.5 multiplier.)
1400/133 -> no boot

This was about 3/4 of the way down the first page. These settings seem to be verified later in the thread.

I get the impression that the 2400+ should post just fine the first time after a cmos clear with an a9.

That is interesting.

Well the offer still stands for a modded bios with a default value set with whatever you want within the range of multipliers.

how about a9 with x7 mult, for 1500. and whatever highpoint is the best, i currently dont use the raid, but drives are getting cheap.

Thanks for the help tmod, you rock

Back