• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage pin-mod and locked processors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quailane

I wanted to buy a 1.6Ghz duron that'll probably come locked. I know the multiplier can't be changed, but can I change the voltage with the pin mod? I'm asking because my motherboard doen't allow voltage changes but since you can change voltage on a locked barton through bios, can you changed voltage on a locked cpu without bios?

You can easily control the voltage using the L11 bridges, the voltage settings are as follows: 1.075v is the base voltage, its the minimal that can be had.
now you have 5 L11s, L11.:::::
each bridge has a higher rating for voltage. something like this:
going from right to left:
1st = 0.025v
2nd = 0.05v
3rd = 0.1v
4th = 0.2v
5th = 0.4v
so by connecting all the bridges you get 1.075v + 0.775 = 1.85v. that's the maximum voltage that can be set via bridges. Also using that small table you can fine tune the desired voltage.

Or you could also use the "wire trick in socket" method:
http://www.ocinside.de/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

Cool, I knew how to change the voltages already but just wanted to know if I could on a "superlocked" duron. Now that I know I can, I'll order one after christmas.

Back