• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyper X Ch-5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AkuraII

I just opened the heatspreader of my Pc3500 256mb khx and found out it was ch-5 :(. So what can i expect to get this to overclock this to? Whats the major differences between this and bh-5?

CH-5 just means you can't run 5-2-2-2.0, you'll have to settle for 5-3-2-2.0, but at VERY high fsb's. Wouldn't be suprised if you hit 230-235.

Today i tried a pair of 512MB CH5 Twinmos Sticks . I fed them with 3.2V and i managed to run them error free at 235 FSB 1:1 with 2-2-2-5 settings . The motherboard is a modded Abit IC7G .
At 2-3-2-5 they maxed out at 245Mhz .

Not bad at all if you have an AthlonXP/Barton CPU i would say . But with the 5/4 divider i couldn't get the memory stable even at 205Mhz (255FSB CPU) . I had to relax the GAT in order to work it properly but as a result the benches were awfull .
So , BH5 for me ! ;)

Attachments

• test.png
    test.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 59
I'm about to play with some CH-5 Kingston myself, from what I've seen they do really good on FSB speeds but don't get the low timings like BH-5 but close. I would expect alot (as I am) as these chips like the volts and can do the speeds.

A lot of CH5 sticks can run at 2-2-2-5 if you feed them well (3.2+V). While BH5 can reach 255 Mhz , CH5 is more likely to reach up to 235-240 Mhz .

Back