• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 stepping codes for 3 different chips which should I get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

The chip is going into an ASUS A7N deluxe rev. 1.04 mobo. w/PC2700 Corsair XMS 1 Gig RAM total.

What do people think would be better the deal?

XP2800+ AQXEA0320XPBW

XP2600+ AIXHB0331TPMW

XP2500+ AQYFA0341RPAW

Let me know what people would get, and there rationale thanks.

Well, for starters, that Barton 2500+ is almost definetely multiplier locked.

That 2600+ looks nice, seeing as how it is unlocked, is a Barton, and is probably the second cheapest of the three.

And I'll bet that the 2800+ will cost you the most out of the three.

Do you know the *rest* of the stepping for each chip? More info is always nice ;).

Since you have an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe rev. 1.04 Motherboard, with PC 2700 RAM, you want to really do want to skip the locked Barton 2500+, simply because you will have trouble getting a 200+ FSB with that motherboard, and RAM.

The 2600+ is probably your best bet of the three - again dependat on price.

And the 2800+ is probably being sold for more than it is worth to you as an overclocking chip, but otherwise would be a decent choice. I would avoid it simply because higher rates chips are a waste of money - seeing as how the lower rated chips perform just as well.

If I were you I guess I would just skip em' all, and look for a cheap Thoroughbred "B" 1700+/1800+. But if the price is right, than you may as well jump :).

I just got a 2800 and im very happy.. Got lucky at the local Best Buy and it happened to be unlocked and a good stepping ..see sig..

Thunda

I like my 2800 it rocks i letf it at 12.5x since thats where it runs the best for me it got it at 2315MHz friday ill get my new heatsink then ill see how much further i can go with it.

The 2600+ would be an excellent overclocker , I would like that for myself actually ,how much is it ?.. PM me and tell me where to find it and I'll PM you back with info where to buy AQXEA 0334 2500+ bartons - which are excellent overclockers .. They are $120 which is worth it , cuz you know what stepping your getting .. VIPER69 gets the info , once he orders his , anyone else who wants to know - I'll tell ya ..!!

Hm... I don't think the 2600+ Thoroughbred is better than 2500+ Barton.

we mean the 2600+ barton, but the thoroughbred can get past 2.5 fairly easy with the right stepping. the reason i want the barton is for the 512k L2 cache

StinkNBreff said:
The 2600+ would be an excellent overclocker , I would like that for myself actually ,how much is it ?.. PM me and tell me where to find it and I'll PM you back with info where to buy AQXEA 0334 2500+ bartons - which are excellent overclockers .. They are $120 which is worth it , cuz you know what stepping your getting .. VIPER69 gets the info , once he orders his , anyone else who wants to know - I'll tell ya ..!!

Why play control games? Everyone knows about the unlocked 2500s at MediaNet ! they've even posted to this forum.

Hoot

Not playing any type of games hoot . Just that once you say you know where to get something that everyone wants , even though I was only stating it because ONE person wants a nice CPU , I said I would tell him first . He started the thread and he should know where to buy before anyone else . Just cuz you posted where to buy them long ago , no everyone know where to go for them , OH - now they do cuz you are advertising the store so freely .. You getting commission or somethin' bro ? My way he gets his cpu , and everybody doesnt buy them up and sell them or whatever .. Before you come stepping on my toes , since I'm playing games ; think about my "gameplan" before you go telling me my dice are loaded ya know what I'm sayin ? :attn:

Back