• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do they make 90 degree fan deflectors or ducts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Startech

I have two 90mm rear fans that I would like to fit with a 90 degree deflector or shell so it would cause the fan fo suck air from the motherboard.

I saw somebody made one from a piece of clothes dryer aluminum flex duct. And on a lrger scale, they do sell something similar for ceiling airconditioning ducts, to direct the flow to a side ot the room.

Do they make/sell anything like that for case fans?

Well....some cases do use 92mm exhaust fans, it just depends on the case, I have a case that uses a 60mm, another that holds 2 80mm, and another that uses 2 60mm, so you never know, large cases even have holders for 120mm fans (can be much quieter)

I have never heard of a 90mm fan though, at least not as a standard size for in a pc, they may exist in other applications, not sure....

me am dumb -- they are 80s. Of course when I said 90 I meant 92, but the fact is, I just grabbed a ruler to measure them and the fans appear to be 80s. I was missled by the screws that hold them that in fact are for a plastic holder where you snap the fan in. I thought the screws held the fans, but when I noticed the screws were in a rectangle, not square... me dumb

Any other models besides the thermaltake?

I have never seen pre-made 90 deg ducts.
I am using two of the TT ducts on my back wall to bring air IN to flood the HSF area.
You could screw two of these ducts together and end up with a 90 deg, but it would require a fair bit of room...

Back