• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crazy high temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mumrah

Ok, what's the deal. I;ve had this setup for about 4 months now, and then all the sudden i'm getting like 70+ C cpu temps. I went out and bought a cpu shim and some arctic III and they just went up?

Any thoughts? Need to know soon.

-David

i would say the shim is to thick and is keeping the heatsink from making contact with the cpu core:( remove the shim and see if the temps drop back down and then you'll know if it was the shim.

Shims will always increase CPU temps.The only real purpose for shims is to prevent the core of K7 processors from being damaged by improperly mounted heatsinks. Remove the shim, reapply the AS3, and reseat your heatsink and see if your temps improve at all. If they dont, you might want to consider a heatsink upgrade, or doing something with your case airflow

wow, thanks for the quick replies.. I actually did that just as i finished posting. Funny thing is though, my computer is now posting at 2266mhz. and i have a k7d mobo, so my max fbs is 133. my barton 2500+ is pin-modded to 15 a multi and no volt mod. Somehow the multi is now 17. crazy. maybe some of the acrtic silver got on a bridge and did some good.

:confused: :bday:

sweet.
-David

Back