• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is7-e vdimm mod??maxfsb??/

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.R.wes

Registered
:eek: i am a newbie...got my 2.4c up to 267 fsb stable (got a 67hundred something on benchmark '03)...anyway running twin xms 3700 5:4 if i go any higher my is7-e (abit) beeps or says check sum error boot from floppy or something.is it ?????
a) my board just cant do it
b) i need to do a vdimm mod(right now its 2.80v...maxed)
c) i am an idot and will eventually shock myself by trying to
plug my mouse into the wall outlet.

could somebody please help me.

First off, you should find out if it's exactly the memory causing the issue. To do this, you can do a plethora of tests running differant settings to try to single out the issue. From what you stated, it appears like your 2.4C may be maxed out at the current level of cooling (I assume stock air, but don't know). How high will your memory run at FSB:MEM ratio 1:1 w/ 2.8V? What is your bios reading as your VDIMM voltage when you set it to 2.8V (should be about 2.75V)?

Performing a VDIMM mod on the Abit IC7/IS7 motherboards isn't the easiest of VDIMM mods, so I wouldn't really recommend it. It requires permanantly modifying (removing something) your board.

Back