• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ/Adata???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seren

Any opinions on which woud be the best with this board and cpu Epox 4PDA2 ver 2, 2.4 c

ocz 3700 gold dual channel
ocz 4000 gold dual channel
ocz 4200 el ddr dual channel
Adata 4000

many thanks.

Judging from your choice of board and CPU as well as your memory options I guess you you want to run 1:1 with high FSB.

If you are aiming for 270+ @1:1 then the last 2 should be your best bet. Some people have reported high fsb with ADATA at high (3.2V+)voltage and since this board should ( but does it?) supply 3.3V max VDIMM it could be worth a try. Especially since they ae cheaper.

I recently read that OCZ have started "speed binning" their best Hynix chip with an aim to release a new PC4500 module, so the chanse of getting a great pair of OCZ 4200 EL, will decrease with time.
i.e. recent OCZ 4200 EL will probably not o/c as much as the inital samples reviewed on various sites.

I think the board can also do 5:4 pretty well so BH5 is also an option if you want to make use of all that VDIMM.

I have not seen any recent posts by Clevor on this board, but perhaps you can try a PM or search him out at his new hangout....

I know he has that board and some ADATA modules as well as a bunch of other modules so he should be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck!
hepp

I would get the pc3700 gold because you will never be able to max your cpu running pc4000+ ran that runs Hynix chips. The hynix chips also don't run 5:4 well at all

Steve

Thanks for tht replies in answer to you hepp, I want to run it as high as I can :D I intend to just swap over the board for now and continue to use my 2.4b 533 until I can get hold of an M0 stepping SL6Z3 I have a few stores over here in the UK looking out for one for me, if not will get a D1.

I then plan as I get some more cash to put Western digital raptors in to it and generally upgrade as much as I can afford, I will try and find Clevor as you suggested and get some tips on the board the reviews seem great can't get the 875 version here, and he did help me in the past with my Albatron board which runs great by the way.

As for the ram I am still a bit confused with it that is why I have asked, mrspec says get ocz3700 gold and you go with the Adata, if I go to 300 fsb as some are doing with the 2.4 would I still be able to use ocz 3700, I am not sure about 5.4 and 3.2 or do I need the higher 4000/4200 I have read great reviews on 4000 gold but it's expensive and the 4200 has good reviews but you mention they might not be as good now? so could you explain the ratio's many thanks.

my adata was willing to run up to 275fsb 1:1 no problem on stock cooling

ddr550 at 2,8v baby
timings sucked though, could only get 3-4-4-6

most aggresive ive ever run was 3-3-3-7, which also blows lol

anyways, if you want high fsb
GO GO GO ADATA!

i love my stick, but im currently ebaying it because i picked up some yummy mushkin

Back