• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 1.3ghz running at 94 degrees celsius. Error with the bios temp readings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

urban91

Registered
Hey, first post,

Anyway I have an ECS p4ita with a p4 1.3ghz and up until today it was runing fine. Never took much note of the temp, I was overclocking at 1.33 and never ran into any problems. System is running fine but the temperature is reading;
CPU 94 degrees celcius
Case: 30

(BTW I am not currently overclocking the cpu.)

Using Motherboard monitor after the cpu warning came on and automatically shut down.Had the shutdown temp at about 80. I have the case open and a big heatsink and fan on it. The heatsink is cool to the touch. Also when I run applications and bring the cpu load up to 100 percent the temperature doesn't change much at all. It will peak at about 97. Just wanted to know about the average of a p4 1.3ghz and also if there are any known problems with ECS' p4ita giving flawed temp readouts. Could it be that the cpu is about to give out, or the motherboard is causing the cpu to run hot.

Basically shouldn't my cpu be fried by now and system is running alright no lock ups. listening to a cd and playing gta3 comp is doing alright....

Last edited:
ok decided to overclock it up to 1.36, when the comp first booted it read 65, a few seconds later went back to 95 where it sits. Just tell me it should be fried by now. Been running it for a day now with no lockups

I'm guessing that it would be fried by now, but those temps can't be right. Try buying a thermal probe from radioshack and test different parts in your case and compare the temps you get from the BIOS and the temps you get from the probe.

Back