• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton cp2500 msi = burnt?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

radd

Barton xp2500 msi = burnt?

Hi every1
I installed a xp2500 barotn edition on a msi k7n2 delta
in bios i changed the settings to high preformance and changed the fsb to 182. The cpu was at 36*C after hard burn in. Sounds great right? well i went back into the bios and increased this fsb 1 more mhz. The computer would not boot up after diagnosing the problem(dead cpu) i put in my xp1600 and thought it was just a fluke to kill that one. I then oc my xp1600 up to 156 fsb and the fsb/dram = 4:5 (i worked my way up to that) then once the mem speed got over 430 the computer would not boot again. So now i am down 2 cpus What am i doing wrong
Thanks for any help.

Set the jumpers back into 'safe' mode... 100 and the 100/133. Reset the bios (do it several times) and try rebooting again. I doubt your CPU is dead.

i have reset the bios 100x+ and the jumpers are in the default position for the fsb mode. where can i find safe settings for my next cpu? i will try the cpu i burnt in another pc on another motherboard to confirm its dead.
Thanks for the reply

I think that if your mobo is burning out CPUs, its better to get a new board.
also try the "dead" chips in another motherboard, maybe a friend or if u have an older board you could try the chip in?

THANK YOU
well i gave the mobo a day unpluged and reset the bios and the fsb jumpers again and the cpu works YAY!!!
i am leaving the fsb/dram ratio alone now. i am running stable at 200 mhz fsb 2.2ghz 1.75 volt 400mhz ram @ 39 celcious with full load
Average temp is 36*c
should i go any higher ?

Back