• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

enermax fan controller and vantec tornado

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kikkler

Registered
i've ordered a tornado and i have an enermax fan controller (UC-A5FATR2 , it doesn't appear in their website)
will i have any problems controlling the tornado with the enermax (too much voltage, whatever...)

also, i have a thermaltake silent purepower PSU
and i got a fan controller with it
1010.jpg

it has a 2 pin connector - can i connect the tornado to it ?

Last edited:
Your tornado will have a molex connector for the power, and a 3 pin fan connector for the RPM's. Why would you want to slow down a tornado? If you want something with lower noise and cfm get a different fan.

why slow it down? maybe he wants to hear himself think! :D lol, they are some LOUD fans. i dont think u should have a prob... just hook it up and try... plus that one you said you have should work fine but u may have to take it apart and wire it by hand if it only has a 2 pin connector.

What size Tornado will you be using? The 92mm is rated @ 12watts.The 80mm is rated @ 9.1watts. The highest the Enermax fan controller goes, According to Enermax, each channel on the UC-A5FATR2 can support 0.8 Amps and 10 watts. THE FANMAN:cool:

80mm for now... but if i decide to go 92, is there any way to still use the enermax ?

kikkler said:
80mm for now... but if i decide to go 92, is there any way to still use the enermax ?

Hrm I wouldn't, but thats just me. The 80mm is pushing it awfully close (80mm tornado is rated at .76amps. The 92mm is rated at 1amp, a good deal past the .8amps that archilochus posted). Personally I would just be paranoid of a fire, or a meltdown of the controller. If this is a cpu fan we are talking about something as simple as the fan going out because the controller fried while you were not home could be pretty expensive...

Back